Is there an app for that? I use my berry quite a bit in dark settings (meetings, church, etc) and with the backlight set to 10 (the lowest native setting), it's still very bright. I read mention of QuickLaunch doing it, but call me cheap. I don't want to pony up the $5 to see if it is what I need. I think there is a market of us cheap folks that would gladly spend a buck on an app deisgned to quickly adjust the backlight as low as we want it.

Anything out there?
    02-08-10 08:41 AM
    Quicklaunch does WAY more than just give you the option to dim your screen. I personally am not aware of another application that will allow you to adjust your backlighting so quickly. I can assure you that if you purchase Quicklaunch you will not be disappointed as the number of features it includes makes it WELL worth the price. I completely understand that you don't want to spend the $ but honestly Quicklaunch is a must have app for any Blackberry user that wants to get the most out of their device.
    02-08-10 08:55 AM
    I'll second what JR said about QuickLaunch. (Well worth it!)
    However, it won't dim your backlight below 10.
    02-08-10 08:59 AM
    i totally agree that QL is worth the $ for the number of features and functions. I have no problem with it being $5 either, but I'd like a trial to see if the features I want most do what I want correctly.
    02-08-10 08:59 AM
    ahhh...and there you have the answer. I need it dimmer than 10. I was in a half-lit church yesterday using my OliveTree bible on my berry and I felt like I had a spotlight on my face!
    02-08-10 09:00 AM
    I see very little difference in the Tour's 100 and 10. My 8830 really showed a very discernable difference in light levels.
    02-08-10 10:22 AM
    how does the quicklaunch dim screen work. I put it in my list, it says "backlight:60". I push it and it goes to that setting apparently.

My question, is how do you set it to a setting you want, and how do you get it back to the original setting. I would like to bounce between 10 at night, and 60 during the day, but see no way of doing it without going thru options, screen, ect...

thanks
    02-09-10 09:41 AM
    ...and maybe therein lies the essence of my post.

I want a quick way to drop (or raise) the backlight. Like a conveniece key action that toggles between 2 settings (that you define in options). Or a popup slider that lets you slide a brightness bar to set it.
    02-09-10 09:43 AM
    Yes, I was half way excited when I seen quicklaunch does this, but then I dont know how you set it back to the original setting without going thru the options, and I dont see a way to adjust the quicklaunch setting, mine says 60, and no 3way to change it.

I also would like to see dimmer then 10, but I think that is a limitation from RIM and probably wont be able to go less.
    02-09-10 09:47 AM
    how does the quicklaunch dim screen work. I put it in my list, it says "backlight:60". I push it and it goes to that setting apparently.

My question, is how do you set it to a setting you want, and how do you get it back to the original setting. I would like to bounce between 10 at night, and 60 during the day, but see no way of doing it without going thru options, screen, ect...

thanks

I figured it out..you have to select backlight, then below it there is the option for the setting you want, then save it. Then you have to do it again to set another setting. So I answered my own question by playing a bit more.
    02-09-10 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD