Hi all,

I normally use 3g to surf and will switch it off to 2g network to save battery life on my tour. Is there any application to let me do this faster as I find that going to the mobile network option and change it is kind troublesome. If there is a app that can switch instantly would be great. Please let me know if you guys know anything app that do this thanks in advance!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 10:50 PM
    I've never seen anything like that. Interesting idea though...

It would be nice to have a similar feature on the CDMA side too.
    01-28-11 08:40 AM
    you COULD install Quicklaunch and assign a key to Mobile Network options if it lets you do so...I assume you're using the Tour on a GSM/UMTS carrier abroad.

I've never seen anything like that. Interesting idea though...

It would be nice to have a similar feature on the CDMA side too.
    Well, CDMA is different....whenever you make a voice call, the "2G" 1xRtt connection gets used, whereas the EV-DO radio is used for data....on UMTS, calls and data go through 3G
    01-28-11 08:47 AM
    Here as some tips to lengthen battery life. I gained from 50-75% more time between charges:
    How to Lengthen Your Short Battery Life
    01-28-11 12:15 PM
    thanks for all the help! i shall go and try out the quick launch!
    01-29-11 10:57 PM
    Here as some tips to lengthen battery life. I gained from 50-75% more time between charges:
    How to Lengthen Your Short Battery Life
    I have done almost all he said since i got it! haha! Hmm guess it's time to change a new battery? D
    01-29-11 10:58 PM
    Did the quicklaunch suggestion actually work? Has anyone tried it?
    02-01-11 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD