If you have an idea for an app or a suggestion for a new app you can post it here.
    09-01-09 10:00 PM
    hey looking for an app that can count the data going out from your phone
    a data counter for cdma

thank you
    please email me at [email protected]
    01-22-10 12:14 AM
    hey looking for an app that can count the data going out from your phone
    a data counter for cdma

thank you
    please email me at [email protected]
    ok. let me do some digging and see if this is possible.
    01-22-10 10:25 AM
    Have you looked into a System Scheduler type of App?

You currently have Profiler, Wifi Scheduler, now Wifi and BT scheduler, etc.

Could an app be written that allows the user to schedule say 5 items to run on different schedules?

Example, one app that will allow the user to schedule the profiles, schedule the BT or Wifi, schedule a backlight on, etc.

In essence, an all encompassing scheduler not tied to a specific function, but rather one that reads installed apps and turns them on and off based on the users defined schedules. I'm sure installed app reading can be done since apps like Start me Up app can open apps on power up and Leave it On can read what's installed to light up the screen.

Couldn't the same idea be applied to a scheduler?

Joe
    Last edited by joefalco; 01-28-10 at 02:22 PM.
    01-28-10 02:15 PM
    Have you looked into a System Scheduler type of App?

You currently have Profiler, Wifi Scheduler, now Wifi and BT scheduler, etc.

Could an app be written that allows the user to schedule say 5 items to run on different schedules?

Example, one app that will allow the user to schedule the profiles, schedule the BT or Wifi, schedule a backlight on, etc.

In essence, an all encompassing scheduler not tied to a specific function, but rather one that reads installed apps and turns them on and off based on the users defined schedules. I'm sure installed app reading can be done since apps like Start me Up app can open apps on power up and Leave it On can read what's installed to light up the screen.

Couldn't the same idea be applied to a scheduler?

Joe
    by default 3rd party apps can't read other apps preferences. the developer probably have access to the preferences supplied by the other developer.
    01-28-10 03:13 PM
    Smiley, I wasn't clear. My fault. I meant BB System items that your apps already control. Couldn't an app be written to encompass all of those into one, with mutiple settings for a seperate schedule for each system tool--profile, backlight, BT or Wifi, etc?

Joe
    01-28-10 03:29 PM
    how about an app kinda like the tip calculator but instead, it calculates the total price of an item after a discount + tax?
    02-05-10 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD