It would be nice to have a button to send a quick text to someone in a predefined way. For example, I have a long commute so every day when I leave the office I text my wife, "On my way." That way she knows when I should be home. If I could have an icon that I could touch that would send out a user defined text to one or more user pre-defined recipients that would be cool. Or does this already exist?
    04-11-10 06:12 AM
    Best I can think of is QuickLaunch which allows you to add text messages with user defined recipients to a customizable menu or hot key (and a lot more). You will have to type the message yourself however.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 07:25 AM
    One way to do this (without 3rd party software) would be to save your message as a Memo and forwarding it as an SMS whenever you need to. This will require you to choose your wife as the recipient separately every time you choose to forward the Memo as SMS, you can't predefine this.
    04-11-10 07:36 AM
    You could edit your auto-text so you could put in omw and it would automatically change it to on my way on your text.
    04-11-10 07:49 AM
    Yep, this a great way to do one touch texting.
    04-11-10 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD