RIM put so much effort into an app store when we had no prior problems finding apps for BlackBerries. Meanwhile the Storm's progress has slowed to a crawl and we're left wondering what downloads in the APP Store are compatible with what.

I understand RIM is trying to appeal to the private market more so than the business market with their release of the STORM but what good is an APP store that doesn't have a stable device to run it?
    04-05-09 09:22 AM
    Agreed. The fact that you cant tell if the app has been updated to run on the storm is a real buzz kill. At least on crackberry you can easily check.

Poor first effort as far as I am concerned.
    04-05-09 10:25 AM
    I for one agree. I think the app store is a joke and I deleted it.
    04-05-09 10:37 AM
    ive noticed this as well. i tried to download weather eye through app world and it was not even the storm version! but ironicly enough the storm version is on this site
    04-05-09 10:44 AM
    Exactly, who cares. I would much rather search these forums for an OTA, instead of the "App World." At least here its easy to get some member feedback on it.
    04-05-09 10:51 AM
    I was getting annoyed at the fact that I couldn't download the app store on to my 8900 but after reading reviews, threads and what nots I don't actually think I am missing out on much, seems rubbish imo. Glad I can't download it. Maybe if we give it time it will be made a bit better by RIM but for now I think I can do without it.

P.S I don't like paying for apps anyway not unless i'd use them all the time.
    04-05-09 11:04 AM
    I agree with all here. Poor effort, imo. Notwithstanding the device compatibility quandry, I was disappointed in the fact that RIM and VZW couldnt reach some kind of agreement on backend pricing. I, myself am not a fan of 'paypal', and would've much rather seen my purchased app showing up on my phone bill.
    04-05-09 11:04 AM
    Yeah the app world is very unorganized.

And im not going to download anything until I can save them onto my external memory card(if ever)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 11:12 AM
    First everyone wants free apps or its a boycott. App World comes out with a bunch of freebies and still no ones happy. Another pissing and moaning thread. Good job.

04-05-09 11:22 AM
    I'm happy they released it. Would like to see future updates that would show what version the application works with, new releases and applications that have been updated.

04-05-09 11:29 AM
    First everyone wants free apps or its a boycott. App World comes out with a bunch of freebies and still no ones happy. Another pissing and moaning thread. Good job.

Most of the "freebies" are trials. And or not compatible with the storm. What the **** do you expect?

And if you don't like people "pissing and moaning" I suggest you stay out of the rants and raves forum.

04-05-09 11:30 AM
    It would be nice if the apps were organized for specific models. for example you go into the settings and select an option that only shows the apps that are compatible with your model. some day maybe
    04-05-09 11:46 AM
    Just remember the App store only been out awhile. I've got a few good Apps for my pearl flip and they all work great.

I'm happy and I'm sure it will only get better.
    04-05-09 11:52 AM
    I agree it'll get better... but my 'who cares' point of this thread was the fact that the APP Store was released with much hype all while a device (STORM) that's supposed to work with it still has problems itself and with the APP store and downloads.

It's a rant/rave section... that's all I'm doing, not looking to offend or say you're opinions are wrong.... just IMO.
    04-05-09 11:58 AM
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but on my Storm i get a good amount of Apps that my friend doesn't get on his Curve 8900. Does this mean that RIM has made App World device specific?

And yes, we were both running the same updated version of App World.
    04-05-09 12:04 PM
    Um... Y'all realize App World doesn't display an app if it's not at least compatible with your phone? Shazam doesn't show on the Storm App World because it's not listed as compatible

Now if you're whinging about the lack of Storm Optimized apps, find an app developer and whinge at him.
    04-05-09 12:05 PM
    That's odd, considering I downloaded shazam from app world.

04-05-09 01:54 PM
    Um... Y'all realize App World doesn't display an app if it's not at least compatible with your phone? Shazam doesn't show on the Storm App World because it's not listed as compatible

Now if you're whinging about the lack of Storm Optimized apps, find an app developer and whinge at him.
    How exactly does one "whinge"? Is that some goofy brit/aussie speak for Whine?
    04-05-09 02:19 PM
    Blackberry needs to incorporate app world into DM. When I had my iphone I did very little app browsing on the device itself. Most of the time I was using Itunes.
    04-07-09 08:27 AM
    RIM put so much effort into an app store when we had no prior problems finding apps for BlackBerries.
    i take issue with this sentence.

maybe you didnt

but a huge portion of the userbase doesnt use leaked OSes or know about crackberry or 3rd party apps
    04-07-09 09:19 AM
    i agree with the majority here that arent too happy with the app world but they have to start somewhere

hopefully they can get their house in order and come out with a better organized version of the app
    04-08-09 01:13 AM
    ...is, it seems as though some Storm owners think that RIM is their for their needs only. In fact, there are many other models of Blackberry that RIM needs to support.

Get off your high horse and remember, you are not the only ones out there.
    04-08-09 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD