Hi all - my cousin is now developing new apps for the forthcoming app store from RIM.....he's asked me 4 ideas and suggestions. I thought what better place than here 2 get sum great ideas for what apps people wanna see! So list any n all ideas for apps you'd like 2 see offered and who knows what'll happen!
    01-23-09 01:24 PM
    He should start by going to the Iphone app store......thousands there
    01-23-09 01:27 PM
    Agree with Bogie!
    01-23-09 01:33 PM
    Anyone out there have any actual thoughts? Or is this gonna just turn in2 a race 2 see which developers can go in n copy apples apps the fastest?
    01-23-09 01:51 PM
    An app to backup your device memory to your SD/media card. Including a scheduler would be even better.
    01-23-09 03:14 PM
    An app that would track the fuel economy and cost per mile of multiple vehicles including the ability to track when a vehicle has paid itself off based when compared to driving a different vehicle. Think of riding a bike in good weather vs commuting in a car.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 03:22 PM
    Haha yeah, Copy n Paste.
    01-23-09 04:29 PM
    a remote desktop app.......like touchpad pro for the ipod/iphone
    01-23-09 04:39 PM
    Agree with Bogie!
    Sorry but I have to agree with both of them...
    01-23-09 04:42 PM
    These are all suggestions for the Storm (since thats what I have).

A Task Manager like app, that lets me pull up a menu of running programs and kill them easily. The current "hold down menu and then scroll down to End Application" doesn't work the majority of the time.

A program that optimizes a phone so it doesn't take over 5 minutes to boot up every morning.

A cleaner-type program that removes orphaned duplicate files from uninstalls.

An audio graphic equalizer that saves settings.

A desktop app for converting/uploading video that doesn't crash like that Roxio crap that came with the phone.
    01-23-09 05:32 PM
    Lastfm and deviantart would be cool.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 09:09 PM
    Cool - thx 4 all the suggestions....Ive snt my cousin a link to this thread. Hopefully we'll see something in th enear future. I'll have a few apps 2 test, but the majority of the 1st apps will b for the Storm since thats what Berry he's rockin.
    02-09-09 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD