1. bbisbetter22's Avatar
    i know this has already been discussed but....
    Does anybody know if it will be early or late march?
    Also, how many apps do you expect and what percent free?
    any ideas?
    01-27-09 08:26 PM
  2. Termena's Avatar
    we can only wait and see.. it was said to come out in march
    01-27-09 08:28 PM
  3. Dartanion's Avatar
    I've read that there were some 4000 or so apps that were waiting to be sent in for approval on the day they started taking them in to start checking them.

    Not sure about the date though.
    01-27-09 08:35 PM
  4. ArmaK's Avatar
    We do not know much about the plans for the 'app storefront' (this is just it's tentative name) except for what was told at BBDC. We do know that the app center and app storefront will be one entity. They announced that it is has a target march 09 release date. The app center will be controlled by your service provider. The main application screen will provide you with a list of all applications that are available for install from the particular carrier for the specific device model and OS version (It will not display incompatible apps). When looking at an application it will give you a full description and the logo for the specific app. You will be able to access the Options> Advanced Options> Applications screen from within the App center. For the first build, all downloads will be controlled by the browser. The way revenue will be dispersed is that 80% of revenue going back to the developer and the other 20% will be going to Paypal and RIM for infrastructure and administration.

    You can find out this and more by signing up for updates. They only sent me one update since November and it discussed what I mentioned here.


    Developers can sign up and register their apps here:

    BlackBerry - BlackBerry Application Storefront

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 08:42 PM