Hey Crackberrian's,

I have seen in my 9900's 'storage' that throughout the day my app storage drops to say 70MB from, usually a max of 80MB. A reboot brings it back up.

I recently deleted apps that I thought I'd use but never did. This took it up to 90MB. I read posts in the 'China OS update' thread that some have improvements of 50MB apps storage with a total hovering around 200MB.

I will be updating to this OS soon (.437) however is there any tips in the mean time I can try to improve the app data ?

I'm still on .402 with 19 apps plus the native apps.

Thanks Ben
    05-28-12 03:15 PM
    The only difference the OS version makes to your App Storage size is whether or not you shrink it prior to installing. I consistently have approx 200Mb free, with about 20 apps installed, after pretty heavy shrinking...

05-28-12 03:35 PM
    Thanks Phill,

Would you have a link to a thread etc to show how i shrink the size of the app storage ?
    05-28-12 03:41 PM
    If you have a look in the Leaked/Beta OS Forum you'll find a couple of threads (BBHybrids Tool and BB Boss) which are OS shrinking apps. Both threads have links to download the apps and instructions on how to use them. I use BBH Tool and have never had a problem with it.
    Ben1232 likes this.
    05-28-12 03:47 PM
    If you have a look in the Leaked/Beta OS Forum you'll find a couple of threads (BBHybrids Tool and BB Boss) which are OS shrinking apps. Both threads have links to download the apps and instructions on how to use them. I use BBH Tool and have never had a problem with it.
    Fantastic. Will do.

Thanks once again for some clear and great help
    05-28-12 03:51 PM
    The only difference the OS version makes to your App Storage size is whether or not you shrink it prior to installing. I consistently have approx 200Mb free, with about 20 apps installed, after pretty heavy shrinking...

Click to view quoted image
    Man that is some heavy shrinking. What do you actually leave.

I shrink out what I think is all that is possible for me to live without and now I have about 120 odd MB left with plenty apps in. no way I have over 70MB more apps than you.

From the mind of a man on the throne.
    05-28-12 07:44 PM
    This is what I typically shrink out and leave in...

05-28-12 08:06 PM
    Phil, don't you need bbm? I thought Plan can't be shrunk. Also no side effect from removing Help files?
    Thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-28-12 09:17 PM
    @ ma678 - No issues with removing Help files.

@ Phill_uk. Just reshrunk my os with the BBH tool. Been using BB Boss to do it. The BBH tool looks better, more functionality.

Lets see how i get on
    05-29-12 02:52 AM
    What's PIMclient for? Do we need it?
    Thanks.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-29-12 03:05 AM
    This is what I typically shrink out and leave in...

Click to view quoted image
    Hey Phill,

I am going to shrink my OS this evening. Would you be able to repost the image of what you shrink as I am unable to view the original image above.

Cheers
    06-02-12 01:25 PM
    Just shrunk with the BBH tool and seem to end up with slightly more space, not much though.

Full of riboflavin goodness, ya hear.
    06-02-12 03:34 PM
    Just shrunk with the BBH tool and seem to end up with slightly more space, not much though.

Cool, would you be able to post a screen shot of what you ticked & left unticked on the bbh tools screen please.

Some of the things I don't recognise on there and don't want to delete the wrong thing.
    06-02-12 03:44 PM
    Sorry but don't have access to a pc just now. Wife is hogging it.

What are you unsure on deleting?

06-02-12 04:10 PM
    Sorry but don't have access to a pc just now. Wife is hogging it.

What are you unsure on deleting?

Application center - at&t hotspot - bbm music - cityID - dod certs - g3ewalk - lunar calendar - mobile stock - music cn - mobile market - mobile reader - movitalk - pim client - slcker - T mob backup - T mob name I'd - telenav - tty - verizon X2 - mob conferencing - plans.

A few . ???
    06-02-12 04:20 PM
    Personally I would delete them all, except plans.

A lot of those are not really important unless you use them. Some are for US devices anyways.

I have done them all except plans on my latest install.

Not really sure what plans is for.

06-02-12 04:40 PM
    Personally I would delete them all, except plans.

A lot of those are not really important unless you use them. Some are for US devices anyways.

I have done them all except plans on my latest install.

Not really sure what plans is for.

Ok I'll leave that out. Thanks
    06-02-12 04:43 PM
    Good luck.

06-02-12 04:46 PM
    Good luck.

All done, Thanks for your posts buddy.
    06-02-12 06:13 PM
    Your welcome.

Glad to be a help.

06-02-12 06:16 PM
    Hey Crackberrian's,

I have seen in my 9900's 'storage' that throughout the day my app storage drops to say 70MB from, usually a max of 80MB. A reboot brings it back up.

I recently deleted apps that I thought I'd use but never did. This took it up to 90MB. I read posts in the 'China OS update' thread that some have improvements of 50MB apps storage with a total hovering around 200MB.

I will be updating to this OS soon (.437) however is there any tips in the mean time I can try to improve the app data ?

I'm still on .402 with 19 apps plus the native apps.

Thanks Ben
    The extra memory was from Zocsters build on .437 he's basically shrunk it for you all you have to do is swap the folders, if you've managed to shrink it yourslef without problems that's cool.
    06-02-12 06:44 PM
    The extra memory was from Zocsters build on .437 he's basically shrunk it for you all you have to do is swap the folders, if you've managed to shrink it yourslef without problems that's cool.
    I have managed to shrink my current OS (.402) now and have improved my app memory.

Cheers
    06-02-12 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD