Is there any app that stops incoming trafic like emails being received ? It really annoys to be at home receiving emails on both ends and facebook notifications. Not to mention that i rarely use internet on my phone when i can do it on my desktop or laptop. And, course, drains my battery !
    01-13-10 09:21 PM
    Drains battery? I would assume that'd be the least of your worries because the 8900's battery is significant and since you're at home you can charge freely. My battery lasts from 7 AM until school's over with 85% battery left. And I use my phone frequently during school too.

Anyway, I am not aware of such an app, sorry.
    01-13-10 09:25 PM
    activate the firewall in the security options... You'll never receive email on your BB if you do this... If you want to receive it later just desactivate your data service in hte network options.
    01-13-10 09:27 PM
    okey, thanks for the replys, I was aware that theres was a solution based on firewall setups, but cause theres so many nonsense apps around, i thought that someone had already thought on that thing. Thats me thinking that theres more people who have the same issue. : )
    01-13-10 09:33 PM
    Nah i think most people want to be connected since its a smart phone and thats what it's meant to do, keep you connected to email and other data.
    Last edited by xxxmerlinxxx; 01-14-10 at 10:06 AM.
    01-14-10 09:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD