I have a Blackberry Curve 3g 9330 from Verizon and when I send texts over 160 characters, they automatically send as MMS messages. I want to see if there is an app that can automatically split them up by each 160 characters, when I send them. Some of my friends can't receive MMS messages.. I know about CrunchSMS so please don't tell me about that one because I don't wanna use it. :/ Any ideas or known apps? Thanks so much!
    04-21-11 07:16 PM
    Go into the texting app hit menu --> options --> and choose "Send Text-only Message As" Always SMS.
    04-22-11 01:37 PM
    Yeah, but that doesn't break up the texts into parts.. that makes me have to type them into parts. I wish I didn't have to do this.. :/
    04-23-11 01:21 AM
    Yeah, but that doesn't break up the texts into parts.. that makes me have to type them into parts. I wish I didn't have to do this.. :/
    It breaks them into parts in fact. The SMS technology handles only messages up to 160 characters, 70 characters for some Asian languages.
    You don't see the "break into parts" due to your system/messaging client, but your friends with older phones will receive two SMS if message 180 characters for example. Also you are charged for (your plan counts) two SMS.
    04-23-11 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD