There may be a default setting that allows for this, or maybe theres an app out now? (been searching on forums and app store w/ no success).

Basically here is my situation. I send out a daily text reporting numbers to coworkers 3 times every day. Its to the same six people every time. What i'm looking for is a way that will let me categorize them as a group and select that and type the text, rather then picking out all six people every time i go to send these numbers.

I haven't had much chance to test this on the phone (its on the cradle charging for a while) but just wondering if anyone knew of a fix to make this work.
    04-03-09 10:21 PM
    I've looked but I can't find the app that I SWEAR did this.. =/ (Only bad thing about the forum being so big)

If only QuickLaunch allowed for something like this >.<
    04-03-09 10:44 PM
    lol, its cool i appreciate the effort....and the search continues.
    04-03-09 10:47 PM
    Ok here is your free built in solution.
    Go to contacts
    Press blackberry button for menu
    Create new group
    Name it as you wish and add the contacts you desire
    Create your text and address it to whatever you called the group

I use this to send texts to 11 people on a soccer team and it always works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 10:55 PM
    Aug02211 is a genius!
    04-03-09 10:57 PM
    perfect, i thought something like that was an option, thank you so much! I just hadn't tinkered enough myself. Thanks again, hopefully this will come in handy for some others as well.
    04-03-09 10:59 PM
    It works great. I share a number of jokes & such with a group of people all the time and have them all in a group called jokes. saves a ton of time LOL
    04-03-09 11:25 PM
    Ok here is your free built in solution.
    Go to contacts
    Press blackberry button for menu
    Create new group
    Name it as you wish and add the contacts you desire
    Create your text and address it to whatever you called the group

I use this to send texts to 11 people on a soccer team and it always works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I got SO excited when I saw this, bookmarked it and told my son. He is 16 so he uses his BB primarily for texting - we are both new BB users (abusers - I am anyway - though I'm practically totally tehnologically challenged at my age) and I thought I was helping him out you know. LOL

Of course he alread knew about this.

He is 16. He knows everything.

But I'm really glad you posted this!
    04-04-09 08:51 AM
    was a great help for me today, i really appreciate it and have found myself making lots of groups for personal use as well.
    04-04-09 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD