I am looking for an app that says "incoming call". Has anyone heard of this? I heard this on the elevator. The person had a blackberry. I did not get an opportunity to ask. Lead me in the right direction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 09:11 PM
    You don't need an app. Just record your voice saying "Incoming call" and set it as your ringtone
    06-13-09 09:15 PM
    cool,never thought of that...
    06-13-09 09:23 PM
    Yes you can set any sound effect imaginable as not only your ring tone, but for any alert your device is capable of.
    06-13-09 10:02 PM
    I am looking for an app that says "incoming call". Has anyone heard of this? I heard this on the elevator. The person had a blackberry. I did not get an opportunity to ask. Lead me in the right direction.

You might of heard someone that had a non bb with it did it sound like incoming call from ...John.....? A few of my older Sanyo and my Motorola v950 did this i wish bb would come up with something like this where it reads the persons from phone book
    06-13-09 10:22 PM
    You might of heard someone that had a non bb with it did it sound like incoming call from ...John.....? A few of my older Sanyo and my Motorola v950 did this i wish bb would come up with something like this where it reads the persons from phone book
    yeah, my old motorola did this too... it think it had something to so with the VAD...it was funny to hear some of the pronunciations tho.

actually now that i think about it, it may have been an LG. i am pretty sure it was.
    Last edited by chelseytx; 06-14-09 at 03:30 AM.
    06-14-09 03:26 AM
    A lot of Symbian Nokias will do that too, play a few seconds of ringtone, then Professor Hawking reads out your callers name.

06-14-09 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD