I haven't tried either. But after doing a bit of research here, it appears that bbgpsgolf is the best FREE version. But it is limited in available courses. Golftraxx is reasonably priced and has a TON of courses.
    As the proud owner of a new Storm, and first time BB user, I'll probably pay for the Golftraxx version. JMHO.
    I am partial to BBGPS but I want to point out that having courses listed and actually having them mapped are 2 different things. I went on Goftraxx site and looked at a lot of the courses in my area and yes, they were listed with pars and handicaps etc but there was no GPS data actually attached to a good deal of these courses.

The same is also true about BBGPS they have a lot of unfinished courses etc. So for me I figured I would be mapping my own courses anyway and I opted for immediate availability and the free price tag. Golftraxx would be free for me too I guess. I just enjoyed the interaction with the programmer at BBGPS. Justin is a devoted guy and he's willing to listen to any suggestions to make his program better.

BBGPS will hold your club distances and track your shots online for review later. It can suggest a club and tell you if you need to hit it hard or soft (according to data you provide about your distances). I think there are probably a lot of nice programs that we can use with our Storms I happened to choose BBGPSGOLF YMMV.
    03-06-09 10:23 AM
    Currently I got BBGPSGolf and a lot of local courses don't exist in my area. I believe there is only one mapped course in my state, but that will be changing as I map them. I agree that Justin was able to answer any questions I had promptly and seems like a very stand up guy. I'll also be giving GolfTraxx a try as well, but they had only one course in my state as well.

Since I haven't gone on the course yet, do either one of these programs include a scorecard?
    03-06-09 11:30 AM

Since I haven't gone on the course yet, do either one of these programs include a scorecard?
    They're only as good as the data that someone entered for handicap etc. I know BBGPS will track your score for you. It asks what you scored on the hole as you move along.
    Last edited by brianr0131; 03-06-09 at 05:52 PM.
    03-06-09 05:49 PM
    Humtek - Where do you live? One course in the entire state? Heck, I'll map one myself for you and show a 100% increase!

Currently I got BBGPSGolf and a lot of local courses don't exist in my area. I believe there is only one mapped course in my state, but that will be changing as I map them. I agree that Justin was able to answer any questions I had promptly and seems like a very stand up guy. I'll also be giving GolfTraxx a try as well, but they had only one course in my state as well.

03-10-09 09:53 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD