When I first bought my Storm, I started using Outlook after years of using Thundebird, simply so I could sync events and contacts between my phone and pc. However, let's face it, Outlook is a resource intensive application that drags the performance of even the better machines, so I stopped using it. I find it silly that I cannot sync my Thunderbird contacts with my Storm and vice-versa. So? How about it? How about an application that would allow those of us wise enough to be using Thunderbird the ability to sync our email client with our phone? I'd think this would be worth around $9.99.
    06-09-09 08:27 AM
    Seriously? So...let me get this straight...Sex Dice gets 100 pages worth of responses and this gets buried? OK...see...I thought this was a BLACKBERRY users community. Sorry. My mistake.
    06-09-09 11:37 AM
    Let me google that for you

So you know, that thread got a 100+ pages because people cared about it and it was informative. Usually when thread goes unanswered it because the answer is obvious or the answer can be easily found.

People assume you're too incompetent to complete a simple search so why would they help you?
    06-09-09 11:57 AM
    Sheesh, you want some cheese with that whine? It was only THREE HOURS since your first post.

I have the solution, but decided not to share after reading this manure. You'd probably complain about it anyway.

EDIT: comments above are directed at OP, not drdingo, who posted while I was typing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by rlmesq; 06-09-09 at 12:11 PM.
    06-09-09 12:04 PM

So you know, that thread got a 100+ pages because people cared about it and it was informative. Usually when thread goes unanswered it because the answer is obvious or the answer can be easily found.

People assume you're too incompetent to complete a simple search so why would they
    help you?
    Hey drdingo,

How did you do that animated Google search?
    06-09-09 12:22 PM

People assume you're too incompetent to complete a simple search so why would they help you?
    That was the point I was trying to make, which your obviously low level of intellect was unable to detect.

As for the search; I did that prior to coming to here. Basically, I learned that BB does not sync with TB and that there are no current methods of doing so. That is why I did not start a thread asking if I'm able to perform the function, but rather, if someone could create an application that would allow this to occur.

To the poster who told me that this had only been up for three hours...it was up for three hours and already at the very bottom of the second page, making it obvious that it was soon to disappear without being responded to.

It was at that point I realized that this particular forum is for people who really should be using an iPhone and not a BB, as all they want are Sex Dice, Light Sabers, and Themes, rather than functional organizational tools.

See ya, douchebags.

P.S.

I'm going to get branded an ******* for coming on so strong, but you all now I'm right about what I'm saying.
    06-09-09 01:04 PM
    Hey drdingo,

How did you do that animated Google search?
    Please tell me you're being ironic

But in case you're not
    06-09-09 01:05 PM
    Please tell me you're being ironic

But in case you're not
    Yep. I share your frustration.
    06-09-09 01:43 PM
    You can sync Thunderbird onto a Funambol server. Then sync your phone wirelessly with a myFunambol account.

06-09-09 02:45 PM
    Three hours is not enough time to wait for a response before getting uppity about it. Getting a thread bumped to the bottom of the second page just indicates the amount of posting going on here. Thunderbird sync is not a common request. I didn't post in this thread earlier because I just got here, came looking for info on our common problem, found that the thread had already been vandalized.

drdingo, the lmgtfy is used a lot here, people like to slap other people with it, it's quite the trendy put down. Even with it, it is not an easy thing to wade through all the google results to find an answer, and even at that, it doesn't answer the premise of this thread. It makes you feel cool to post it, but it is not helpful

So children, there is no need to use terms like incompetent, doucehbags, low level of intellect. You are going to have to play nice, or someone will come along and make you sit in a corner by yourself.

Before all the pissing happened, someone posted an app request for a direct synch between BB and Tbird, even offered a price they'd pay for one copy. There still is no app to do that directly. I probably wouldn't drop $10 on such an app, but that's me. Tbird sync comes up from time to time, so there is at least some interest in such an app.

I would like to be able to direct sync between the BB and Tbird. I haven't tried the google sync intermediate process yet, but folks say it works. Sometimes I just feel weird about sharing everything with Google. I'd still like a direct method though.
    06-09-09 02:49 PM
    That was the point I was trying to make, which your obviously low level of intellect was unable to detect.

As for the search; I did that prior to coming to here. Basically, I learned that BB does not sync with TB and that there are no current methods of doing so. That is why I did not start a thread asking if I'm able to perform the function, but rather, if someone could create an application that would allow this to occur.

To the poster who told me that this had only been up for three hours...it was up for three hours and already at the very bottom of the second page, making it obvious that it was soon to disappear without being responded to.

It was at that point I realized that this particular forum is for people who really should be using an iPhone and not a BB, as all they want are Sex Dice, Light Sabers, and Themes, rather than functional organizational tools.

See ya, douchebags.

P.S.

I'm going to get branded an ******* for coming on so strong, but you all now I'm right about what I'm saying.
    Why don't you look up the definition of irony. You insulting my intellegnce is a key example of it.

You came on here and asked for an App for something is already working great. All you had to do was google search to see that (which I did for you). Instead, you, being simple minded, wants some to write an app for something is already working. Yea. I'm the moron.

Another point - do you see how more than 1 person said it wasn't enough time? Did it occur to your tiny brain - that maybe, it wasn't enough time?

Jesus. Some people should drink a gallon of bleach.
    06-09-09 04:43 PM
    OP also does not understand the difference between bumping a thread and throwing a temper tantrum.

06-09-09 05:00 PM
    OP also does not understand the difference between bumping a thread and throwing a temper tantrum.

I'm guessing he doesn't understand alot.
    06-09-09 07:39 PM
    If you're going to fight about this request please take it to a private communication channel. Thread closed to discourage more exchange of insults in public.
    06-09-09 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD