How about an app that uses GPS and Google Maps to create a racetrack using the streets around you? Open the app, click "generate race track" and it opens up Google Maps with the track highlighted. You could even set checkpoints and have it keep your time.

Sound like fun to anyone? This could be very useful for runners or cyclists... or the socially irresponsible drivers who like to race on city streets.
    07-22-09 02:50 PM
    +1 I would like this app. It world be cool if u can send the course to ur friends like a tine trial thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 05:05 PM
    damn thats a awesome idea
    07-22-09 05:51 PM
    Haha this would be a cool app but i hate to be a bummer.

Wouldnt this be kinda dangerous. I mean turning public roads into race tracks.
    I love street racing dont get me wrong but i only go for the staight on when the light turns green gun it.

I would suggest a racing app that allows users to submit good racing spots sort of like how trapster lets users submit speed traps.
    Last edited by thedudematt; 07-22-09 at 06:20 PM.
    07-22-09 06:16 PM
    Haha this would be a cool app but i hate to be a bummer.

Wouldnt this be kinda dangerous. I mean turning public roads into race tracks.
    I love street racing dont get me wrong but i only go for the staight on when the light turns green gun it.

I would suggest a racing app that allows users to submit good racing spots sort of like how trapster lets users submit speed traps.
    The app in itself isn't dangerous, just the people who would use it for street racing. Like I said, I was thinking runners and cyclists but it could probably be adapted to street racing.
    07-23-09 11:45 AM
    I would turn my neighborhood into a race track haha

Jk

Sounds neat though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD