03-10-09 11:30 AM
    What is putty for a phone?
    03-10-09 11:57 AM
    putty is a Telnet/SSH client.
    03-10-09 12:01 PM
    I would love a version of putty for storm could make life alot easier
    There's MidpSSH. Works ok on my Storm.
    03-10-09 12:10 PM
    Midpssh works but there is no Type button so you have to constantly do input then send with enter . I want to be able to just type with the keyboard
    03-11-09 11:25 AM
    I thought you were talking about silly putty. That stuff is cool
    03-11-09 12:14 PM
    Yes someone really should port a build of putty to the BB platform.
    I would be willing to pay for it.
    03-11-09 12:26 PM
    Im up for paying too
    03-11-09 12:29 PM
    but is the security good enough on the bb's to telenet into customer/personal routers, switches, etc.

I would pay for putty
    06-22-09 11:15 AM
    I thought you were talking about silly putty. That stuff is cool
    Silly Putty FTW! I have to pull some text off a news paper! Lol.

I really have no clue what Putty does, or midspph for that matter.
    06-22-09 11:38 AM
    Well if there is a developer out there wanting to make some quick money I am willing to throw $100.00 bucks behind it.
    Take the current midpshh source fix it up to work with the storm and have direct text input etc..

Don't think they would be able to sell the program since it is open source but I am willing to put up $$ for the port to help cover the time. Sure we could get a few more $$ from a few people to throw into the bucket.
    06-22-09 11:40 AM
    Hi,
    I am currently working on a SSH client that is supposed to work on the Storm, too. The software is not complete yet and I would welcome your feature requests. Here is a link to the thread that I started before I found this one:

forums.crackberry.com/f35/new-ssh-blackberry-253518/

Some have been talking about Putty. Is there something unique to putty that you want on your BlackBerry?
    06-24-09 12:15 AM
    So far it looks good.
    What are the menu keys down the side and the Function Keys that at the bottom for?

Can't find anything on your site the docs what they do.

I will probably be buying it.
    06-25-09 12:43 AM
    Midpssh works but there is no Type button so you have to constantly do input then send with enter . I want to be able to just type with the keyboard
    Midpssh does have type. Just hit the bb button then click type.
    06-30-09 11:27 PM
    I use putty daily in my workplace
    would love to have it on my bold
    07-31-09 01:20 PM
    Bump!

I have been looking for a SSH app that functions well on the Storm. I haven't been able to find one.

MidpSSH worked great on my 8330 but on the Storm there are multiple screwy things going on with it. I can't connect correctly, even trying to tap the different lines for Host, Username, Password, etc seems to be a challenge. I know this is because it was never written with touchscreen in mind.

I've heard about Rove but now I guess they don't care about individual people who just want an SSH app.

The link in this post to a new SSH app being developed doesn't look too promising yet.

So does anyone have any ideas?
    08-07-09 12:09 PM
    Hmm I was doing a search and found this and wanted to bump it. I have been dieing for a SSH client for my Storm. Having a client like Putty for my Blackberry would be awesome.

Definitely willing to pay for it. Needs to be a standalone functional product. I asked about adding it to TS Mobiles which would be even better because I use an SSH tunnel to RDP into my network.
    08-16-09 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD