I was just on a thread that said the're coming out with a novelty Lie Detector that sounds pretty funny. You can push a button and make it look like your buddy is lying.
    07-28-09 02:12 PM
    I want a fake one, here's how it would work...
    You hold down either up or down on the volume and the screen says something like it's listening, but if you're holding up it will say honest, and down will say lie. It will just think for a minute, then spit out the answer you fed it.

I think this would be a ton of fun to use.
    their is a fake one coming out in a couple of days, cant wait to get it.
    07-28-09 02:22 PM
    How bout even a fake one.. But only we knew it was fake... Hahaha could really trick a lot of people into telling the truth.. Epicdraws.. U up to making this app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Their is a fake one just like that coming out in a day or two.
    07-29-09 10:02 AM
    Most effective lie detector is not a machine. It is as easy as asking the person what happened. Then ask them to tell you what happened from end to beginning. If they stumble or jump around it is a lie. They can't tell you from end to beginning because they have rehearsed and memorized their lie from beginning to end. I use this technique a lot and it is just about flawless.

Someone has been watching a little too much "Lie to Me"
    07-29-09 10:38 AM
    I highly doubt anyone in this post understands social engineering and voice stress tests. I mean no disrespect but the fact is you and software can defeat any machine around for polygraph. Quite simply a common set of questions you know are true are false to set the baseline. Once normalized a software can detect vocal stresses voice variations anger for instance I ask you have you ever stole.. Obviously you would pause or your inflections would change voice stress testing is genuine and far superior to heart rate withy poly tests what's silly is the joke progs they already have proven lightweight code to accurately detect lies or worry and so on it just needs to be coded and ported for bb mainframewebdesin@gmail if you want to test out pc format

11-07-09 06:38 AM
    There's a free VSA (voice stress analysis) add on for the Windows version of Skype. If you're interested, you can see how it works.

In California, many law enforcement agencies are using VSA instead of polygraph tests (the traditional "lie detector" that wires the subject to monitors for heart rate, blood pressure, respiration rate and skin conductivity.) For either test to have any value, the examiner first has to do a detailed interview, then carefully choose several relevant questions calling for a yes or no answer. There are also control questions, like "Are your shoes brown?" to get a baseline reading.

Suspects should NEVER agree to a polygraph test without consulting an attorney. Although the results may not be admissible as evidence, the statements they make in the pre-test interview probably will be.

11-07-09 10:58 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD