Looking for a good lap timer app to get lap times for motorsports racing. Specifically motorcycle road racing. Would need:

Split Times
    Timing down to 0:00.000
    Number of laps
    Fastest Lap
    Average Lap Times

Would like:

Ability to track more then one racer at a time.

Give it a clean, fresh modern look with the ability to customize the display.
    04-24-09 01:18 PM
    what about the stopwatch that is already on the storm?
    04-24-09 01:49 PM
    it's ok but would like to see a bit more. Like more accurate timing down to the thousandths of a second, quick glance of fastest lap time, quick glance of average lap time, etc. The built in stopwatch is unrefined.
    04-24-09 02:05 PM
    i would like it too...i watch motocross and supercross racing and i think it would be pretty helpful. maybe hit the button to start the stopwatch, hit it again for the first person who goes by then the next and the next and so on and have it show the differences on how far they are behind each other...or maybe have a few different stopwatches on the screen (1 per rider) and have a universal start to start them all then separate stop buttons to get each ones individual lap times to see whos goin fastest and whos catching/leaving who...i would definitely be interested and would pay a buck for it
    04-24-09 02:13 PM
    what about the stopwatch that is already on the storm?
    Stopwatch? Where?
    04-24-09 02:44 PM
    Stopwatch? Where?
    Nevermind, I found it. Cool, I didn't know that was there.
    04-24-09 02:59 PM
    Nevermind, I found it. Cool, I didn't know that was there.
    And the timer is useful too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 03:15 PM
    It would also need a place to put the length of the track in miles to figure out average lap speeds in mph. Like if it was a 1/2 mile it would be .50 or 3/8 would be .375.

04-24-09 04:16 PM
    It would also need a place to put the length of the track in miles to figure out average lap speeds in mph. Like if it was a 1/2 mile it would be .50 or 3/8 would be .375.

Excellent suggestion! Would be great if you can save the tracks too because we visit the same tracks several times per season.
    04-24-09 08:05 PM
    Wow I was just thinking about this today at lunch. This app would sure come in handy.
    04-24-09 08:17 PM
    well I guess the question is, is this a pipe dream or is someone listening?
    04-24-09 09:10 PM
    Doh, I thought the topic said "lap dance timer" at first. Need sleep!
    04-25-09 01:15 AM
    Ill pay good for this app if it works and has support from the developer. Really good lol. The more o think about it the more I tell myself I'm willing to pay. We run with the southern allstars latemodel series and I would love this app!

04-25-09 01:18 AM
    yeah it would be cool if you were able to save the tracks name/condition along with weather conditions and the lap times that went along with it...id definitely pay for this...where the dev's at?
    04-25-09 10:20 AM
    yeah it would be cool if you were able to save the tracks name/condition along with weather conditions and the lap times that went along with it...id definitely pay for this...where the dev's at?
    now we're talking a full blown database + lap timer! I love it!

Come on people, I know of many road racers with BB's that would buy this. All the iPhone geeks at the track already have a cool app on their phones that dos this.
    04-25-09 01:52 PM
    Road cyclist and runner...would love at list a basic...stopwatch for running. But, would support this app if it's all that ends up out there. I have Curve 8330...is there a stopwatch app already.

04-26-09 06:22 PM
    Bump for the developers
    05-08-09 05:32 PM
    still in need of this app
    05-13-09 07:13 AM
    I too am searching for a Lap timer application (for my 8800). For windows 5.0 phones there is an app called Racechrono which uses the GPS to automatically record lap times. This is from the perspective of the phone being IN the car or bike as oppossed to timing from the spectator perspective.
    05-17-09 05:44 PM
    Bump for GPS lap timer. I race cars on the track. There is an app for the Palm called Harry's lap timer. iphone has it's own app, which is phenomenal. There is another one for Windows Mobile.

All the apps use the phone's GPS to do automated lap timing, acceleration, elevation, etc etc. Basically Blackberry is now the only unsupported operating system. Come on developers!
    09-17-09 10:26 AM
    Bump for another runner here who would love and pay for this. Right now I use GPSLogger and it works great, but really miss the lap times.
    10-03-09 09:16 AM
    another bump. would be awesome for track days!
    10-27-09 12:40 AM
    Another bump!
    11-06-09 09:26 PM
    12-16-09 09:34 PM
    ot..but from the title I thought it was a stripper app..which would be cool to make sure you get your 20 bucks worth..
    12-16-09 10:59 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD