ok, hang with me on this. I have not thought this through the complete thought process, but an ideal just hit me.

Be cool that someone wrote an emulator that would let you run iPhone apps on the storm. not sure if you would have to run the whole operating software like you do when you emulate a PC on Apple computers, but kinda like the old game emulators. Kinda more like M.A.M.E (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator).

Actually would be kinda cool to run a M.A.M.E. on storm to run old arcade games. But would be sweet to have an A.E.I.O.U. (App Emulator iPhone OS Upgrade) LOL (was trying to think of a cute acronym)

Thoughts? Stupid? I know I will get the commments, if you want an iPhone, get an iPhone. I dont, i just want to run some Apps like MLB at Bat, Sirius/XM, Wunder Radio, OOtunes (so I can get archive.org) etc.
    06-19-09 08:28 AM
    GET AN iPHONE!!!

No Im just joking I totally agree with you and if this could be done Im sure EVERYONE on crackberry would be more than happy and Im pretty sure praise would go out to the individual that created it, plus money lots of money.
    06-19-09 08:33 AM
    Sure it would be cool. Probably won't happen tho.

If you want an iphone get an iphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 08:33 AM
    Good idea, but not possible because of the Storms OS limitations. We can barely run our apps without running out of memory - I can't imagine running another OS (or emulate one on top, then add apps) without hitting a brick wall fairly quickly.

Let alone actually writing it... ewww.
    06-19-09 08:35 AM
    Good idea, but not possible because of the Storms OS limitations. We can barely run our apps without running out of memory - I can't imagine running another OS (or emulate one on top, then add apps) without hitting a brick wall fairly quickly.

Let alone actually writing it... ewww.
    aaaaaaaaaaaa didnt even think of the memory issue, you are so right! Man that would just kill it. Too bad, cause the storm hardware is sooooo much more superior too. I am still confused why they limited it so much by the OS.

It was just a playful i deal, i know there is no way it would, could or ever happen.

I just really want the MLB at Bat app lol and Hulu support etc. Heck if i could get flash that would solve some of this, but due to the OS being Java based, that will never happen!
    06-19-09 08:46 AM
    emulation requires a tonne of resources, memory wouldn't be the only limitation, the CPU would probably be limited as well. You need a more powerful machine than the one you are trying to emulate to be able to do it smoothly, and I doubt the storm is that superior hardware wise that you could emulate the iPhone.
    06-19-09 08:51 AM
    GET AN iPHONE!!!
    I'm sick of everyone complaining- 'Oh, the iPhone has this, the iPhone has that...' So buy one! Honestly. The iPhone may have a beer pong app, but it doesn't have full, true PUSH e-mail (patented by RIM), and it doesn't have TRUE MMS, and it also lacks the amazing lens that our camera has.

Who cares about the apps? I'm sick of seeing all these RIDICULOUS app requests- iPhone emulators, iPhone themes, STRIPPER APPS; its all ridiculous and unneccessary for someone to waste their time on. If you want a device for apps, get an iTouch. If you can't be happy with a first rate device that isn't bogged down with stupid, useless applications, get a freaking iPhone.
    /endrant
    06-19-09 09:39 AM
    I can see this happening more on Android than on a BB, but it's not a bad idea.
    06-19-09 09:40 AM
    emulation requires a tonne of resources, memory wouldn't be the only limitation, the CPU would probably be limited as well. You need a more powerful machine than the one you are trying to emulate to be able to do it smoothly, and I doubt the storm is that superior hardware wise that you could emulate the iPhone.
    True! Just want my MLB. And maybe not have to carry around an xm radio
    06-19-09 10:28 AM
    Is there even a way to increase memory? And why on earth can you not run apps from an sd card when that technology has been around for decades. Anyone remember the first palm os with an sd? How about we run a new app to increase memory or play apps from an sd.

06-19-09 11:11 AM
    Is there even a way to increase memory? And why on earth can you not run apps from an sd card when that technology has been around for decades. Anyone remember the first palm os with an sd? How about we run a new app to increase memory or play apps from an sd. Then we make an emulator. It could work.

06-19-09 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD