Do you ever hate it when you are typing a text, you select the recipient, and you are prompted if you want to use their home, work, or mobile #, or one of their three email addresses?

Well I do. If I wanted to send them an email I would have selected compose email, not compose sms. To my knowledge their are no options to customize these types of prompts when creating messages.

There should be a global setting which would disable email addresses from being a possible choice for sms texts. Also you should be able to select a default phone number for sms texts - I mean what good is sending a text to someones home phone number. The only alternative would be to create separate contacts for Joe Mobile and Joe Home, but that is just sloppy.

Is the idea of creating a 3rd party app in the realm of possibility?
    02-22-09 08:48 AM
    i am DEFINITELY all for this app. i hate having to click SMS mobile, just a pet peeve of mine i suppose.
    02-22-09 10:27 AM
    im ALL in to but nevedr share your pin
    02-22-09 11:03 AM
    Check into face call. Its a free app a member created that is an entire redesign of the contact interface. I do hate that you have to select SMS every time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD