Hey all you app creators out there. I was wondering if it would be possible to create an app that allows a user to lock their phone with the use of a "swipe" password like the G1 phone has. I think it was brought up in the past but I cant find the specific thread it was on. Let me know if this G1 password app can be made for the blackberry 9530 storm. Thanks

Rich
    03-11-09 11:34 AM
    03-11-09 11:43 AM
    Hey all you app creators out there. I was wondering if it would be possible to create an app that allows a user to lock their phone with the use of a "swipe" password like the G1 phone has. I think it was brought up in the past but I cant find the specific thread it was on. Let me know if this G1 password app can be made for the blackberry 9530 storm. Thanks

Rich
    I was wondering as well about the G1 app that was being worked on.
    What became of it?
    I know there were locking issues.
    03-11-09 11:56 AM
    I'm with you, this would be a great app. No, its not like the StormSlider lock app. It doesn't lock the screen, its a password where you connect dots on the screen to gain access to the phone.
    03-11-09 12:22 PM
    Does anybody know who the developer was that started the g1 password app but never finished?
    03-11-09 02:22 PM
    it was dmg...but it doesn't actually lock your phone. Developers don't have access to change Os like that. So he was able to make an app similar to the iphone swipe and a finger print reader. But they dont actually lock your phone. You can just hit the back button and it will go the home screen. kind of a bummer.

edit: search for "pattern unlock like g1"
    the link isnt' working
    Last edited by Rch1214; 03-11-09 at 02:59 PM.
    03-11-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD