There must be some general aviation pilots out there besides me who would like to see a flight planner app for BlackBerrys, no?

I was thinking of something simple like AOPA's Real-Time flight planner, which has a basic map database with airports, navaids, intersections/fixes, airways, obstructions, etc. and has the ability to plan a route, check real-time TFRs, notams, weather, etc. Then you could save various aircraft characteristics (weight, GPH, climb/cruise speeds, etc) and it would calculate distance, time, fuel, etc. and automatically spit it all into a nav log and flight plan form (VFR or IFR) that you can automatically file from your phone. Maybe AOPA would be willing to work with an app designer on this??

While we're at it, a weight and balance caluculator would be another useful app, that would be a no-brainer to design I would think.

Anyone with me on this?
    02-24-09 05:40 PM
    Nobody??? Jeeesh.
    02-24-09 09:53 PM
    You are asking for something that is pretty specific in its use. Not everyone will know of the requirements/data needed for a flight plan etc.
    02-24-09 10:33 PM
    Have you tried world mate?
    02-24-09 10:34 PM
    I would love to have a simple app for filing a flight plan.
    10-13-09 10:22 PM
    I'd love to see a flight planner app too. Ask AOPA/Hilton Software to add flight planning capabilities to the AOPA Airport Directory App... check out WingX from Hilton Software LLC I haven't tried it myself but it looks like it'll do some of what you're looking for

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 12:14 PM
    Try AviatorCalc (Google AviatorCalc)
    AviatorCalc is flight planning software written especially for mobile phones such as the Blackberry. You can create Flight plans, do weight and balance and it has an E6B emulator.
    The AviatorCalc web site site also has a completly free Crosswind/Heading & GS calculator.
    01-23-10 01:31 AM
    Ask AOPA/Hilton Software to add flight planning capabilities to the AOPA Airport Directory App
    And now, they have! (Well, OK, it's in Beta Test now, but point your BB to beta.hiltonsoftware.com and download the latest version, with DUATS flight plan filing.)
    Last edited by drseti; 02-17-10 at 07:27 PM. Reason: added URL tag
    02-17-10 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD