I would love to See an EMS logger app for the Blackberry. With this app you can log all sorts of info. when an EMT or Paramedic receives a call. They have this for the iPhone/iPod. I am an EMT and would love this App. I submitted a screenshot of what it looks like for the iPhone. Let me know if there is anyone who would be willing to make this. Willing to donate or pay for it.
    Last edited by Skibum173; 04-19-09 at 09:06 PM.
    04-19-09 09:02 PM
    i would love this to as im also an emt
    04-19-09 09:40 PM
    Third an app like that would be awesome
    04-19-09 10:32 PM
    This would b sweet if it was for all blackberry's. I could use this often

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 11:16 PM
    I second, er well.. 5th this request. I think more EMS apps in general would be awesome.
    04-19-09 11:20 PM
    I will add to the bunch and say I would definitely find this useful.
    04-19-09 11:25 PM
    Gonna throw my hat in too, definitely could use this app!

04-24-09 10:18 PM
    i wonder if we can contact the company to make one... id pay 5 bucks for it..
    04-24-09 11:31 PM
    I went to iTunes to find the app and there was a link to the guys website, but it is under construction.
    04-24-09 11:40 PM
    I too am an EMT-I. But I gotta ask, whats the point of the app. Don't you have to log the "dispatch CAD" times on all PCR's?
    04-24-09 11:53 PM
    this is true but still we need some type of app for us. i dont see anyone else running into burning building while everyone else is running out...
    04-24-09 11:54 PM
    We have to log all times on a PCR, but a lot of times I don't always get the times written down or if I am with someone who doesn't write them down, I can log them on my phone with this app. and then put them into my PCR when I get back to the station.
    04-24-09 11:56 PM
    I would pay for this app as well, firefighter\ emt here.

04-25-09 12:44 AM
    This would b sweet if it was for all blackberry's. I could use this often

You would have to work to actually use this. Lol. Get out of dispatch.

04-25-09 07:18 AM
    Yep I would use it! Our dispatch is terrible and they dont keep times. Paramedic here for fairly busy service.
    04-25-09 10:19 PM
    [QUOTE=RyanCF;2385385]You would have to work to actually use this. Lol. Get out of dispatch.

Ok mr I sleep all shift. U could use it to log when u fall asleep and when u wake up

Also it would be kewl if we could put pt info in it too like phhx,meds,allergies. But nothing that would violate hippa. Wouldn't wanna do that

04-26-09 09:33 PM
    Ok mr I sleep all shift. U could use it to log when u fall asleep and when u wake up

Also it would be kewl if we could put pt info in it too like phhx,meds,allergies. But nothing that would violate hippa. Wouldn't wanna do that

I don't sleep at work, its against work rules. I just enter a deep religious meditative state.

04-26-09 09:40 PM
    EMT 1: Wait, we can't take him to the hospital yet!

EMT 2: Why?

EMT1: My BlackBerry Froze. I can't log the tranport time.
    04-26-09 10:22 PM
    Hehehe everyones a comedian

04-26-09 10:44 PM
    They have a version that allows you to enter, patient data such as vitals, meds given and a bunch of other info. I think I found the original creators e-mail, so I am going to e-mail him and see what he says.
    04-26-09 11:29 PM
    Hey Guys, I wanted to update you on what info I got from the original creator. I e-mailed him this morning and this was the response i got from him, Unfortunately it's not what I wanted to hear....

"Hi Eric,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm very glad that you find the app
    useful. I have had other requests for blackberry versions and for
    the near future I'm sorry but I will be unable to do that. My first
    reason is time! I'm in an EMT-B class right now and that is eating
    up most of my life. Because of the class, I've had to put off
    updates to my existing apps (police logger plus, patient assessment
    and others) and new app development too!

There is nothing in common between the iPhone and blackberries. I'd
    have to pay for a new developers license and start from scratch with a
    completely different programming environment. Since I'm only one
    guy, I just have to put that off!

Sorry, but thanks again for the email.

Gary

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Eric <[email protected]> wrote:
    Hi, my name Is Eric. The reason I am contacting you, is that I am the owner of a Blackberry Storm on Verizon Wireless. I am, (as well as many other Storm Users,) interested in finding out if you would be willing to make an EMS Logger Plus version for the Blackberry Storm. I do not have an iPhone or iPod touch, but would love this application for my Storm as an EMT. If you would be interested in making this there are many resources for selling the application for Storm owners. Could you please contact me and let me know if this is of interest to you?

Thank you for your Consideration,
    Eric"

So, unless we can find someone on here who would be willing to make one for us, we are out of luck.

If any of you know a developer on here, please forward this thread to them and ask if they would be willing to develop this or point us to someone who would be.

Thanks, Eric.
    05-03-09 12:53 PM
    Could you give a better description of exactly what this app does? It seems rather simple, and I could probably throw something together pretty quick, but that depends on what kind of functionality that you guys are looking for. If you can give a brief description of what you want in the app, I'll look into making one.
    ~Ryan

(Btw, I am the main Software Dev on BBMem)
    05-03-09 01:01 PM
    The basics of the app are to give an EMS responder the ability to track emergency call info on their phone quickly and easily. I have attached 2 photos.

The first one shows the the screen with the buttons you would push that would log the times. So with this option it would have to be able to pull the time from your phone. It would log the times when you press that certain button and save it.

The second photo shows the screen where you would track vitals from a patient such as Blood pressure, respirations, pulse. These items you would obviously have to punch in yourself. But it gives a timer to use to track your vitals. If possible, this could be a button you could press to start a 30 or 15 second timer.

I would love to see both pages, but would be glad with just the first. It would have to be able to save the info on the app until you clear the info from the call. Which could be done by some button to clear all call data. If there is a way to do it, please let me know what you would need to charge. There are obviously a few people that would like the app.

Thanks, Eric
    05-03-09 01:23 PM
    The basics of the app are to give an EMS responder the ability to track emergency call info on their phone quickly and easily. I have attached 2 photos.

The first one shows the the screen with the buttons you would push that would log the times. So with this option it would have to be able to pull the time from your phone. It would log the times when you press that certain button and save it.

The second photo shows the screen where you would track vitals from a patient such as Blood pressure, respirations, pulse. These items you would obviously have to punch in yourself. But it gives a timer to use to track your vitals. If possible, this could be a button you could press to start a 30 or 15 second timer.

I would love to see both pages, but would be glad with just the first. It would have to be able to save the info on the app until you clear the info from the call. Which could be done by some button to clear all call data. If there is a way to do it, please let me know what you would need to charge. There are obviously a few people that would like the app.

Thanks, Eric
    Eric,
    I was checking out the screenshots, and the first screen seems pretty straight forward, I'm going to see if I can whip up something to replicate that functionality. As for the second screen, I'm not too knowledgeable on Radial/Cartoid/etc.. So could you either send me a pm or email through this site, and let me know exactly what functionality you're looking for there.

As for price, I was thinking I would go Free for the first month, $.99 after that. The only problem atm is that I don't have anywhere to host the files, and I won't be able to put it on the crackberry.com store until its completed.

Also, my photoshop skills are sketchy at best, so I will most likely stick with the built in forms.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    05-03-09 02:53 PM
    So I've been messing around with the layouts and stuff... It seems that the ButtonField is broken in the most recent api (Not sure if it ever worked correctly...) But I've Got pretty much the first screen. It seems that the layouts are very weird on the BlackBerry when trying to set this up, so bear with me here on this one! Here are a couple screenshots of what I've got so far.
    05-03-09 06:34 PM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD