I never thought about it until I saw the Droid in it's dock but it makes perfect sense. There are tons of apps here that simply modify a stock application of the Storm, so would it be possible to have a weather app icon show up on the clock screen? Even if you shrank the icon to a smaller size with the text under it for the conditions, and had weather, music, and a home icon displayed in a row.

My request is to see something like this on the standard clock app! It seems like there would be room on the screen.
    11-04-09 03:53 PM
    That's a great idea. I use my Storm as my alarm clock and would to be able to see the temp as soon as I wake up.
    11-04-09 04:10 PM
    I do too and that's exactly what I was thinking about. Then I don't have to close the clock to go find the weather, it's just right there for me after I hit snooze a few times
    11-05-09 11:21 AM
    seems like it would be a good idea.
    11-05-09 11:23 AM
    why not having the ability to have more than one alarm saved (if they do then i am oblivious to it...)
    11-05-09 12:47 PM
    why not having the ability to have more than one alarm saved (if they do then i am oblivious to it...)
    No they don't do that now. That would be another common sense option to have.
    11-05-09 02:03 PM
    Actually you can. If you go to your calendar you can add repeating or single alarms and they will show up on your clock when docked. You can't modify the other alarms from the Clock screen (only the initial one set from w/in the clock).

Not super user friendly but it gets the job done. I have my daily wake up alarm set within the calendar then whenever I want to set up a quick alarm I just use the available one in the clock screen.

+1 on the weather idea though!!!!!!!!!!
    11-05-09 03:40 PM
    Maybe with the new tools RIM announced at DEVCON we will get some update love and some new ways to use our Berrys.
    11-09-09 12:21 PM
    But for the clock, while in bedside mode, to get weather data the radio must be left on? I tend to like to "not" get email at 2am.
    11-09-09 01:00 PM
    But for the clock, while in bedside mode, to get weather data the radio must be left on? I tend to like to "not" get email at 2am.
    I have my bedside mode turn off my LED and go into "Phone Calls Only"

Why would you want to turn off your data completely?
    11-09-09 02:18 PM
    I'm a little envious of this feature of the Droid also. I use my Storm2 as my alarm clock too and it would be awesome to have the weather on the clock screen...and maybe even an Icon indicating how many messages you have waiting. Maybe the guys developing the Empower Central screensavers can work something cool out for it.
    12-27-09 03:57 PM
    +1 for this options. That's a great idea!
    12-27-09 06:44 PM
    great idea!!!!
    12-27-09 07:35 PM
    i'm for this
    12-27-09 08:08 PM
    Maybe the BerryWeather people can fine a way to show their weather wallpaper on the clock screen.

I know it's possible to have other screens show up on the charger. I got a freebie of an app called "I Charge Cool" a while back. There are other similar apps, as well.

I Charge Cool - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

BatteryInfo - Show battery charging pct, custom wallpaper, temperature and more - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Battery Charging Screensaver - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    12-28-09 12:33 AM
    Weatherbug elite does this already. Shows the temp right below the clock in the home screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 08:53 AM
    Great idea I hope the developers can make this idea happen.

12-28-09 11:11 AM
    That's not what he's asking for.

He's requesting an app the places the weather you are speaking of on the Clock screen when you hit clock or plug in/dock your phone.

Weatherbug elite does this already. Shows the temp right below the clock in the home screen.

12-28-09 01:11 PM
    I think I read somewhere that it is not possible to access the clock feature with any type of app. Meaning that you can't have a 3rd party app work within the clock in any way.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

It would be GREAT to have the weather show up on my phone with the bedside clock running.
    The HTC phones have this feature, but they also have the ability to run widgets, and that is what makes it possible for them.

Come on RIM. Step it up.

12-28-09 08:24 PM
    having the weather on the clock screen while charging would be awesome! i would love to be able to have more clock styles also... any ideas where to get some?
    01-12-10 05:14 PM
    having the weather on the clock screen while charging would be awesome! i would love to be able to have more clock styles also... any ideas where to get some?
    For having the weather display while phone is charging, there is an app called StormSlider that will show a clock and the weather.

Also for getting the weather in the default time, you can try simpleweather or berryweather.
    Last edited by pearlfanatic; 01-12-10 at 08:29 PM.
    01-12-10 08:25 PM
    I think this would be great too. I more customizable clock would make a lot of sense. I like the weather idea a lot.

-Greg
    01-14-10 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD