Hey all,

I was thinking about an app that would be WONDERFUL for either an iPhone user or a BlackBerry user...that app is something where the user can report a crime or emergency using an app, and the app would use their location using GPS. Then the info submitted from the person would go to the local police/fire/ems agency.

Just an idea...
    07-21-09 04:26 PM
    Or, you could pick up the phone, dial 911, and tell them that a crime is being committed. If you don't know where you're at, look for a street sign.

An app for that just seems like it would waste time. "Hey, please don't die yet - I'm not done typing a message to the police."

07-21-09 05:20 PM
    Well, I see what you mean, but I am talking about SMALL, MINOR CRIMES!!! Not something you would dial 911 for....
    07-21-09 05:25 PM
    That is going to take implementation but the local agencies. It will not happen anytime in the foreseeable future. Due to the wonderful economy they can barely keep from laying off cops, this is pie in the sky at this point.

If I am not mistaken Boston just released an Iphone app that allows citizens to take pics and send them in with the complaint. That is the only thing even similar that I can think of.
    07-21-09 08:01 PM
    In Toronto the police recently launched anonymous tips by SMS to "CRIMES" for CrimeStoppers.
    07-21-09 09:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD