View Poll Results: Is this possible? Do you want it?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Yes

23 71.88%
  • Yes, No

0 0%
  • No, Yes

7 21.88%
  • No, No

2 6.25%
    I know, i know.. has been requested before... and exists... sort of.

Closest thing is Aerize Card Loader (which sucks).

We NEED an app that lets us save apps to our memory card and load them from our memory card.. so it doesnt tie up needed space on the device. The iPhone has a hard drive for this.. we have EXPANDABLE memory cards.. which can be better if an app is made. Should be able to use the memory card as a hard drive.. kinda like a PC.

Aerize stores them on the memory card... but installs them on the phone when you wanna use them.. hardly worth it. The idea is to keep them off the phone's memory.

Can anyone take a crack at this? Could prolly sell for a healthy sum...

Fabian, u interested? lol
    02-24-09 04:23 PM
    What about a Yes and Not yet

I think eventually we will need it but right now it wouldn't make that big of a deal
    02-24-09 04:26 PM
    I would buy this app if it were made.
    02-24-09 04:27 PM
    It's not possible. An application HAS to be run out of the application block in flash.

What Aerize Card Loader does is the only "solution". That is, store the apps on the SD card and then copy them to flash when you want to run them.
    02-24-09 04:42 PM
    It's not possible. An application HAS to be run out of the application block in flash.

What Aerize Card Loader does is the only "solution". That is, store the apps on the SD card and then copy them to flash when you want to run them.
    then delete them when done and lose all settings...

there has to be a way... could RIM modify some things to make it possible?
    02-24-09 04:45 PM
    There is a way and I think RIM will been adding it in the future. Right now it's not a huge problem but when larger and larger apps start to come out then it will be a huge problem.
    02-24-09 04:48 PM
    What about a Yes and Not yet

I think eventually we will need it but right now it wouldn't make that big of a deal
    Something other than what he currently has. A simple yes or no is enough.
    02-24-09 05:24 PM
    It may seem like a good idea to save a little bit of memory, but there will most likely be a long list of uncompatible apps. Some don't operate too well when files are on external memory.
    02-24-09 05:44 PM
    Hay check this!

It will answer all questions, I hope.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/ae...-storm-164055/
    02-24-09 06:46 PM
    I had a Palm Treo before my Storm. There was a similar program for Palm that would move the program out of the main memory to the memory card, put a shortcut on the menu and then move the program in and out of memory as needed to run. The Treo Only had about 32MB of ram to begin with so this was a great way to load tons of applications on it.
    03-01-09 04:49 PM
    hmm i wonder if an app could possibly make the phone recognize the card as device memory... so instead of a device memory and card memory its all just one. this would have to be something rim would impliment, probably out of developers power. but something that has been on my mind.
    03-01-09 05:31 PM
    I was cruising the iTunes app store the other day and noticed that a lot of the games and cool apps I'd like are pretty good sized (40mb+). I would like to know if this is possible, but it is sounding like it isn't. The Aerize thing looks like a pain in the *** to use. Deleting and possibly resetting the device just to switch between apps? Then you'd end up putting some apps on for a week or two at a time and then maybe swapping them out when you had time. You'd still be unable to just switch between a bunch of apps at will.
    03-01-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD