Yesterday I was doing chest. For the barbel bench press I did 4 sets the first workout. Yesterday only 3 spots showed up. I clicked the "add a set" button and instead of 1, 4 more sets showed up. So in total there were 8 spots to fill in info not the original 3 + 1 more added.
    Like I said nothing huge but maybe there is some issue with the html code.
    Hey Area51 - I believe I know what's going on and this is actually a training item. So after the 3 sets it should state:
    Add "<<value>>" more set: ADD

And <<value>> is the number of additional sets you can add to the exercise. If you want a 4th set, you simply need to set the picklist to "1" (which is the default) so it'll add 1 more set. I believe what you're doing is setting that number to 4 and then clicking "add" - And our app is adding 4 more sets.

So let me know if this works but I believe it should...
    03-25-09 11:24 PM
    I've been using this app for the past couple weeks, and it's been working out great for me!

The only thing that I would change:

I like how it tells you how much weight you did the last time, but I think it'd save some time if when you clicked on the drop down menu, it started at the weight you did the previous time, instead of starting at 5 and having to scroll through all the light weight (especially on exercises like bench & squat)

Thanks for making this
    04-08-09 01:59 AM
    Has there been any update on when the standalone app is coming out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 07:53 PM
    I use GymTechnik everyday. Its a great program and I think it works best with Opera browser.
    04-13-09 08:12 PM
    Wow this is awesome! I was just going to start going back to the gym and this will help me alot. Thanks for creating this!
    04-13-09 08:35 PM
    Awesome I want to know when there will be an app for the storm! I agree when you get to working out it would be nice to have a larger box and start at the previous weight in the drop box.

04-13-09 08:52 PM
    Hey guys - Thanks for the support! We just did an upgrade with a few more new features and there'll be a post about it shortly.

As for the downloadable app - It's in the works and we're going through internal testing right now. We're getting really close and it's just around the corner to being launched. We'll definitely let everyone know when it's out... Especially crackberry nation!

I'm using it right now in our internal "alpha" and it's quite sleek
    04-13-09 11:16 PM

The only thing that I would change:

I like how it tells you how much weight you did the last time, but I think it'd save some time if when you clicked on the drop down menu, it started at the weight you did the previous time, instead of starting at 5 and having to scroll through all the light weight (especially on exercises like bench & squat)

Thanks for making this
    We've actually flagged this with the folks over at RIM. It's a browser item that we're working with them on and it should be fixed soon. You'll see already that when you click on the picklist, there is a slot selection right below your last time value. Ideally of course the cursor should start off there too - This is what we're working with them on.

As a tip , one of the features in our latest upgrade is for the stats to auto-fill with the last time stats. You can change this in your mobile settings by clicking on "settings" at the bottom part of the screen while logged into Gym Technik Mobile
    04-13-09 11:21 PM
    Hey guys - Thanks for the support! We just did an upgrade with a few more new features and there'll be a post about it shortly.

As for the downloadable app - It's in the works and we're going through internal testing right now. We're getting really close and it's just around the corner to being launched. We'll definitely let everyone know when it's out... Especially crackberry nation!

I'm using it right now in our internal "alpha" and it's quite sleek
    Looking forward to the downloadable app!
    04-14-09 01:44 AM
    I am actually having trouble signing in on the mobile site. I am registered and activated and have Java enabled on my Storm but yet when I enter my information and hit "Go", it just reloads the sign in page. Any ideas?
    04-28-09 12:59 PM
    I am actually having trouble signing in on the mobile site. I am registered and activated and have Java enabled on my Storm but yet when I enter my information and hit "Go", it just reloads the sign in page. Any ideas?
    What version OS are you using? Is it a RIM approved version or a leaked OS?
    04-30-09 03:21 PM
    Fit - One of the problems that I have run into is once I start an exercise - I can't leave that exercise until I have completed it. I like to put a bunch of different exercises for a certain area (arms, chest, etc) but I don't do all of the at the same time. But if I only do three of the 10, and want to move on to the next body part, Gym won't let me. just keeps taking me back to the resume,end work out. It won't let me just end that workout and move on to the next part. Is there a way around this or do I have to specifically create a workout for each day with the exact exercises I am going to do? Thanks for the help
    04-30-09 03:30 PM
    Fit - One of the problems that I have run into is once I start an exercise - I can't leave that exercise until I have completed it. I like to put a bunch of different exercises for a certain area (arms, chest, etc) but I don't do all of the at the same time. But if I only do three of the 10, and want to move on to the next body part, Gym won't let me. just keeps taking me back to the resume,end work out. It won't let me just end that workout and move on to the next part. Is there a way around this or do I have to specifically create a workout for each day with the exact exercises I am going to do? Thanks for the help
    You have a couple of options here.

Option 1 is that for that one session that you're in the gym, put all the exercises that you'd perform in that workout. And since you're moving all over the gym and may not necessarily perform the exercises in order - Scroll to the bottom of the phone and click on "Change View". You'll get a list view of all your exercises for that workout in one page and you can simply scroll up and down and fill in whatever you need to. Keep in mind that a workout is the set of exercises all completed during that one workout and so you don't have to create a separate workout per body part.

Option 2 is that you want to create two separate workouts - Right now, we only allow the tracking of one workout per day. By mid May we will release our premium version which will allow for the tracking of multiple workouts per day.

So for now, I'd say go with option 1 and when Premium is out you can start as many workouts as you want.

And also, don't forget that from your BlackBerry, if you scroll to the bottom there is the option to 'quick add' an exercise so you can do a random exercise on the fly.

If you need more tips or need me to further explain feel free to hit us up at [email protected]
    04-30-09 05:36 PM
    Sorry Fitgeek, just saw that you asked me a question. I have trouble with it because my previous gym was in a basement, also because i alternate sets of push and pull at the same time.

I would have trouble w/my sweaty fingers trying to get the right number in the scroll down thing, but apparently I can change that setting in the browser which i didnt know about.

How much longer before the downloadable version is out?
    04-30-09 05:45 PM
    want this so bad!
    04-30-09 06:49 PM
    Total Fitness can be found in the App World. It keeps track of your weights and what you eat. If it's not already programmed in the program you can just add it in. Say, if you eat as Jason's Deli and they don't have a sandwich in the programming all you have to do is find what's in that sandwich and enter it in the program and you're done! Same with workouts!

It also keeps a graph of everything and if you need to export it, you can export all the info via email! I love this app, and it has helped me gain 14 lbs in the last 3 weeks! It was about $5, but definitely worth it.

If you don't know how to do a certain exercise, it shows you how to do it with pics or moving gif files.

This is my review, definitely worth it.
    05-01-09 12:11 AM
    I like that you requested it have big buttons for big man gym fingers

Wow that made me laugh. Having a stand-alone app for this would be appreciated!
    05-01-09 06:12 AM
    Sorry Fitgeek, just saw that you asked me a question. I have trouble with it because my previous gym was in a basement, also because i alternate sets of push and pull at the same time.

I would have trouble w/my sweaty fingers trying to get the right number in the scroll down thing, but apparently I can change that setting in the browser which i didnt know about.

How much longer before the downloadable version is out?
    Looks like our downloadable version will resolve your issues. We'll be launching the app mid May for all non-Storm BB's. The Storm version will be launched 2 weeks after. We're making quite a few UI adjustments to optimize usability on the Storm which is why we need the 2 additional weeks.
    05-01-09 02:17 PM
    Looks like our downloadable version will resolve your issues. We'll be launching the app mid May for all non-Storm BB's. The Storm version will be launched 2 weeks after. We're making quite a few UI adjustments to optimize usability on the Storm which is why we need the 2 additional weeks.
    Is this available yet?
    06-05-09 09:31 AM
    Drogers4 - We just need a little while longer to solidify the release of this app. Sincere apologies for the delay but we just want to make sure that the launch of the app is solid and endures the rigorous rounds of our QA testing.

We're getting close though and we'll keep everyone posted.
    06-05-09 11:32 PM
    A public gym is one of the dirtiest places and host tons of bacteria... Do you really want to touch all the equip. and then your phone that many times?

Think about how often your phone is next to your mouth, nose, eyes etc...

06-05-09 11:46 PM
    its off topic but i just started at the gym again and would like to duplicate a routine i did in high school, maybe someone can help me?

my football coach got it from university of nebraska's football team i think, basically the first week you would do your max's and then it would have a 2,3 or 4 day workout and it would tell you what percentages to do each day for each workout based on your max (or 3 rep max equiv)
    it was a great workout and i made great gains, anyone know something like this? I find if i am not logging my progress and progressing each week based off what the routine tells me to do, i am wasting time.
    06-06-09 02:26 AM
    Is there a way to start a workout from scratch on here? I looked and there is beginner, arm workout, full body. I need to make a 4 day split, I know all my exercises and everything just want a blank workout to start from
    06-06-09 06:06 AM
    A public gym is one of the dirtiest places and host tons of bacteria... Do you really want to touch all the equip. and then your phone that many times?

Think about how often your phone is next to your mouth, nose, eyes etc...
    lol!!! i've worked in gyms since i was 16 and worked out since even before that so i know what you're saying and always think the same thing. obv it's hard for me to stay away from my blackberry for the entire duration of a workout but the thought of transferring all the gym evils to my precious bb that i'm absolutely preposterous about keeping clean makes me cringe. we actually have antibacterial foam dispensers all over them where i train now so that eases my mind a bit.
    06-06-09 06:15 AM
    lol!!! i've worked in gyms since i was 16 and worked out since even before that so i know what you're saying and always think the same thing. obv it's hard for me to stay away from my blackberry for the entire duration of a workout but the thought of transferring all the gym evils to my precious bb that i'm absolutely preposterous about keeping clean makes me cringe. we actually have antibacterial foam dispensers all over them where i train now so that eases my mind a bit.
    Put hands inside of shirt then have your phone outside of it. That's what I do. Less sweat and bacteria unless your shirt is disgusting but I'm going to assume that just your sweat > sweat from thousands of random people and who knows what else
    06-06-09 06:18 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD