Now we all know there are a handful of apps not working with the storms touchscreen, but rather work with a trackball.
    Now what if we could make a program that would emulate the trackball, for instance we would be swiping the screen in a certain direction, and the device would think its the trackball moving?I hope this is possible. If someone could program this app, it would be like a trackball/ touchscreen converter.
    Last edited by alexosma; 04-12-09 at 07:02 PM.
    04-12-09 06:30 PM
    It's called compatibility mode

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 07:33 PM
    I just wish there were a small track ball between the blackberry button and the back button on the bottom of the phone

04-12-09 07:33 PM
    It's called compatibility mode

Dude, read what i posted, i know what compatability mode is, what im suggesting is a solution that will make all trackball apps work on the storm.
    04-12-09 08:10 PM
    ive got even a better idea, why not have digital directional keys similar to the ones on the desktop keyboard, it would function like the trackball
    04-12-09 08:13 PM
    Dude, read what i posted, i know what compatability mode is, what im suggesting is a solution that will make all trackball apps work on the storm.
    Yeah what a ******.

I would like to see something like that but im pretty sure its not possible.

04-12-09 09:14 PM
    Now we all know there are a handful of apps not working with the storms touchscreen, but rather work with a trackball.
    Now what if we could make a program that would emulate the trackball, for instance we would be swiping the screen in a certain direction, and the device would think its the trackball moving?I hope this is possible. If someone could program this app, it would be like a trackball/ touchscreen converter.

the only way this would be possible is if you added this INTO the app itself. you cannot run an app within an app. The closest thing you will get to this is compatibility mode like toastyz71 said
    04-12-09 10:51 PM
    right but what if it was built into the menu the pops up when you click the bb button? that would work
    04-12-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD