A Red Circle with a $ showed up in my apps in the last few days. It is an agreement to link with a third party not "under the control of RIM". Doesn't say what it is for, have no idea how it got there and I would like to remove it. When I select it the title is "My Account". I am upset that it could show up without my knowledge or any effort on my part.

How do I get rid of it............................
    08-31-11 03:21 PM
    It is probably an app installation shortcut that was pushed to you by your carrier. They all have stuff like this and they add more from time to time.

It's nothing to worry about. Nothing gets installed unless you want to. It sounds like an app that will allow you to access your account quickly to pay your bill, view minutes used etc. You can call your customer service to verify my guess.

You can't delete it. It will be pushed right back to your phone. The only thing you can do, if you don't want to install it, is hide it and forget about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 03:44 PM
    A Red Circle with a $ showed up in my apps in the last few days. It is an agreement to link with a third party not "under the control of RIM". Doesn't say what it is for, have no idea how it got there and I would like to remove it. When I select it the title is "My Account". I am upset that it could show up without my knowledge or any effort on my part.

How do I get rid of it............................
    Are you with Rogers? They push a shortcut to My Account, if you do not want it easiest things to do is hide it, or move it to a hidden folder. you can not delete them
    08-31-11 05:31 PM
    again with this thread? someone needs to sticky this.

it's just the link to 'My Account' especially if you are on Sprint/Virgin Mobile. if you like using your BB to pay your bill, this is an awesome feature. if you'd rather whip out a boring laptop then fine. i honestly like doing it from the BlackBerry. clicking it opens up Hotspot (web browser) and it shows your current account balance, next due date, etc. it loads only the mobile site for your cellular carrier, where you login and there you go. nothing malware about it. it is pushed (installed after some time usually after a new activation) by your carrier. it is not a virus, spyware or any such. it works exactly like the little Crackberry 'app' that loads up mobile Crackberry.com
    08-31-11 07:14 PM
    I got the same thing and my carrier is Virgin Mobile USA. I've heard a lot people say it can't be deleted, your best shot would be too just move it into another folder or something. I got a message telling me about it though, it didn't randomly show up. I think it's actually worth having there though, but that's just me
    08-31-11 07:15 PM
    yes they normally send an email. i am unsure what all the fuss is about. i actually LIKE being able to pay my bill straight from my BlackBerry but i suppose to each their own. it is nothing more than a website link with an icon, not much different than a hotlink or bookmark saved to your Windows/Linux computer. it just opens up the web browser and the site.
    08-31-11 07:17 PM
    It's just a bookmark/link pushed by servicebooks. Wish telus had one. I usually hide them all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD