Is there an app that will read out my texts and allow me to reply to them by verbally. Dictating what I want written. All without having to press any keys to send. This would be great during workouts at home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 09:30 PM
    06-23-10 09:45 PM
    Vlingo is probably your best bet actually...

VlingoVlingo Home

It reads all your text messages aloud; reads aloud the first 30 words of your email; it transcribes what you say into text messages or emails; you speak into it and open virtually all native applications and some 3rd party applications ALL FOR FREE. The paid function is $3.99 and has no limits to who you can send messages to. I use it all the time. Probably the most used app on my Storm2
    06-23-10 10:22 PM
    I just downloaded the free version, and I'm not that happy with it. I think I'll keep looking.
    07-08-10 01:57 PM
    I can't think of any that do all that without having to press keys.

I use a combination of DriveSafely for listening to messages (wish it spoke BBMs), and Vlingo for responding (I like the more natural voice of DriveSafely over Vlingo's). The only thing that bugs me about Vlingo is having to hold down the convenience key while speaking.

I think I read somewhere that BB6 will have the ability to add multi-function to the convenience keys, so hopefully that will mean an update to Vlingo will allow you to press the side key to start dictation, pressing again to end.
    07-09-10 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD