Is there an application on the Storm (maybe memo pad) that will read a simple text (.txt) file. If not maybe someone knows of some alternatives. I copied and pasted to Docs to Go but that is only a trial app.
    12-07-08 07:45 PM
    Docs to Go isn't only a trial, only the premium features are trial only. There's a free program called BBNotePad that works with the Storm, but it needs an update to work really well. Also, eOffice claims to support .txt files though I haven't tested this functionality and eOffice needs to be updated for the Storm.

For now I'd try BBNotePad.
    12-07-08 09:50 PM
    Tried out BBnotes and yes it needs an upgrade. I can see how it may work well with keyboard but with the storm, keyboard comes up only in potrait and will not go away. New to BB and am amazed at lack of programs available.
    12-07-08 11:45 PM
    If you go to Options | Advanced | Applications and select BBNotePad with the blackberry button you can disable compatibility mode. This allows landscape mode to work.

Scrolling in landscape mode is a bit screwy though as if you don't click to move the cursor the view will return to the previous position after a few seconds.

I'm also surprised there aren't more Blackberry apps, but hopefully that will change when the app store opens in the Spring. One reason for the limited number of apps compared to some other platforms might be due to enterprises disallowing installation of unapproved apps. My brother told me he is unable to install apps. I didn't ask if he was technically blocked from doing so or if he's just not supposed to.
    12-08-08 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD