I am a BB newbie who just signed up for the social plan with Telus, was wondering if I were to download the The Score App that gives updates in the sporting world would there be extra charges for this free app? I know stupid question but I am unclear of additional charges that would come with some of these applications

Any help would be great

thanks
    03-22-10 12:44 PM
    Explore CrackBerry's list of free OTA apps along with CrackBerry App Store and BlackBerry App World for apps to customize your BlackBerry!

If you have an unlimited BlackBerry data plan then you'll have no extra charges other than the cost of the app. i don't know that the social plan is. If the app uses data you're fine. If it uses SMS you may have charges to text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-10 12:49 PM
    The TELUS Social Plan does not include data access.

According to the TELUS website ...
    Here's what it includes: "Unlimited Facebook�, MySpace�, IM (Unlimited instant messaging available on BlackBerry Messenger and Windows Live Messenger only) and text"

And here's what it does NOT include ...
    Does not include: access to the Internet, including without limitation through the TELUS WAP gateway the ability to send or receive email; and access to any other social networking service or instant messaging service (including, without limitation, to any web-based version of the included social networking services or instant messaging services). This package cannot be combined with any other data plan and is only available for BlackBerry smartphones.
    03-22-10 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD