does anyone if such an app exists....if u lock ur phone...theres an app that disables the caller id so no one can see whos calling....
    also....can someone hook me up with the bbm 5.0 link for my tour??
    thanks!
    08-07-09 07:31 PM
    I don't think that app exists, yet. Also, I believe most BBM 5 links are dead due to RIM cracking down on its leak. I know there is a link or two out there, as I have one, but I'm not sure the rules of the forum would permit a link provided, because of the RIM crackdown.
    08-07-09 07:34 PM
    Dialing *67 before a call should block your number, but only on an "on call" basis. If your number is blocked automatically, you can dial *82 to unblock it on an "on call" basis. Don't know of any apps that will do this for you, but your carrier should be able to do it. Hope this helps a little!
    08-07-09 07:36 PM
    Sorry for the double post. If you need the link, send me a BBM request.
    08-07-09 07:36 PM
    Disregard that last post of mine - I re-read your original post and realized that you're probably talking about people looking at your phone and seeing who's calling you... I misunderstood you there.

So I guess I didn't help at all!

Keep the phone in your pocket!
    08-07-09 07:39 PM
    cool sent dr. sadistic...is 5.0 that much better?
    08-07-09 07:39 PM
    lol about the keepin in pocket...its not for me its for my doc friend...thanks!
    08-07-09 07:40 PM
    cool sent dr. sadistic...is 5.0 that much better?
    There are a couple of threads out there that document some of the problems people are having with BBM 5.0. Personally, I'm finding that only about 40% of my BBMs reach their their intended recipient and I don't get the "R", "A", or "D" status indicators at all. I'm currently trying to find a friend who will let me use their PC (I'm on a Mac) so I can downgrade back to BBM 4.7. That being said, others are having great success with BBM 5.0. Your results may vary, but it's definitely something to keep in mind.
    08-07-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD