Wow ... I thought $2.99 pretty reasonable.
    There are some apps I would be willing to pay 2.99 for. But when there are apps such as Flashlight selling for 2.99 it makes me wonder. I agree that trials would be a great idea. The descriptions aren't the most indepth, and some apps only have one vauge screen shot. I would be much more inclined if I was able to try an app before buying it. If they dont want to give away a trial, what about a video? Would you really drop $30 or more on an app with the amount of information they give you? I like the interface a lot, and it has a lot of potential. They just need to make some changes.
    04-02-09 07:43 PM
    come on people we all ways complain moan and grope about not having the same benefits as the I-TOY with app store. when a similar option comes along we complain. let the app store get settled in let the prices drop if it fails hey at least they could say they tried. hex if any one could make a more affordable app store for the blackberry please for your sake and daughters safety please create an app store .
    04-02-09 07:43 PM
    Some apps are way to pricey.
    04-02-09 07:45 PM
    come on people we all ways complain moan and grope about not having the same benefits as the I-TOY with app store. when a similar option comes along we complain. let the app store get settled in let the prices drop if it fails hey at least they could say they tried. hex if any one could make a more affordable app store for the blackberry please for your sake and daughters safety please create an app store .
    The difference is the i-Toy creators got it right with the app store from the start. RIM is doing it all wrong from the start
    04-02-09 08:27 PM
    Ugh not this again. With Apple developers keep 70% of the revenue with RIM they keep 80% of the revenues.

Lowest paid price with Apple is 99 cents, with RIM its 2.99...see what they're trying to attract here? Besides most Blackberry owners are business savvy so they make more money on average than you're typical iPhone user.

Couple thus with the fact that more ppl have Blackberries than iPhones...RIM is trying to attract more developers since they're likely to make much more money.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by fecurtis; 04-02-09 at 08:36 PM.
    04-02-09 08:33 PM
    I don't blame developers for charging. They put in the effort and deserve some sort of reward... but seriously, some prices are ridiculous... $2.99 for all of the flashlight apps? This can be duplicated more or less just by turning your brightness up all the way and going to a white screen... $3.99 for the stormSaber app? I still have the beta one, and unless it's SIGNIFICANTLY improved from that, it's not worth buying... it only gets one sound at at time so it isn't really fun to play around with... I'd hate to compare it to the mePhone's (free) version... but that one works seamlessly...

Anywho, I have yet to download anything from the AppWorld since most of the apps are not Storm-compatible... and those that are don't seem to be worth the price.

I'll give it time. I don't mind paying for an application, as long as it's actually worth it..
    04-02-09 08:34 PM
    I don't blame developers for charging. They put in the effort and deserve some sort of reward... but seriously, some prices are ridiculous... $2.99 for all of the flashlight apps? This can be duplicated more or less just by turning your brightness up all the way and going to a white screen... $3.99 for the stormSaber app? I still have the beta one, and unless it's SIGNIFICANTLY improved from that, it's not worth buying... it only gets one sound at at time so it isn't really fun to play around with... I'd hate to compare it to the mePhone's (free) version... but that one works seamlessly...

Anywho, I have yet to download anything from the AppWorld since most of the apps are not Storm-compatible... and those that are don't seem to be worth the price.

I'll give it time. I don't mind paying for an application, as long as it's actually worth it..
    Agreed that's a much more valid concern...I can't imagine anyone paying for a lousy fart app.

04-02-09 08:38 PM
    There are some apps I would be willing to pay 2.99 for. But when there are apps such as Flashlight selling for 2.99 it makes me wonder. I agree that trials would be a great idea. The descriptions aren't the most indepth, and some apps only have one vauge screen shot. I would be much more inclined if I was able to try an app before buying it. If they dont want to give away a trial, what about a video? Would you really drop $30 or more on an app with the amount of information they give you? I like the interface a lot, and it has a lot of potential. They just need to make some changes.
    Just to add, I can't understand why anyone would pay for that flashlight app in the first place. What a laugh. I just turn on my video camera and what do you know A FLASHLIGHT! and I just saved 3.00 to pay for a usefull app.
    04-02-09 08:41 PM
    Yeah...I have a little flashlight on my keychain...takes care of that

Just to add, I can't understand why anyone would pay for that flashlight app in the first place. What a laugh. I just turn on my video camera and what do you know A FLASHLIGHT! and I just saved 3.00 to pay for a usefull app.
    04-02-09 08:49 PM
    Here is a free flashlight

FlashLight Blackberry Storm App | StormGrounds.com

=)

I agree with you guys though, way over priced. I don't see why anyone would charge more then 5$ for any app. 5$ being an app that took like a month to develop.

To me if the app takes you less then 1-2 weeks to code then it should be free. An app that takes you longer then that you should charge 2.99$ for.

I'm not sure what kind of money these developers are looking to get, but with just 3 apps priced at $2.99 I'm making decent money. Better money then I would make with a full time job.

I guess these guys are trying to hit it big and make 6 figures a month.
    04-02-09 09:22 PM
    I would only pay 2.99 for apps. If it was a must have app i would really pay 9.99 but no more.
    04-02-09 09:26 PM
    $200.00 for an app is crazy. Seriously, I have no prob paying for good apps but some of that ish is ridiculous. I'm a programmer so I understand how some things can be annoying to do. I think they're going to drop some prices eventually.
    04-02-09 09:51 PM
    Failure IMO, but expected. It makes me laugh because this whole concept is new to RIM but not to the world. RIM and these developers are acting like it's the newest craze and thus we should be raped to possess it. HELLO!!!!! It's already been done and it is currently being done for cheaper!!!!!! I suppose people with business degrees just aren't as intelligent as people with liberal arts degrees?? I feel like Apple is the little kid selling the cold, sweet, freshly squeezed, delicious lemonade at the corner for 25cents a cup and RIM is the dirty, smelly store owner down the street selling watered down, lemon flavored, high fructose corn syrup for $2.99 a cup(ice is extra).
    04-02-09 10:47 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD