I have a menu date/time application installed, which, for some reason, doesn't work unless it has the email and organization data permissions set to allow. If the app doesn't have WiFi and Internet permissions set to allow, what are the chances it could actually do anything with the emails it has access to?

BTW, if anyone is interested in reading a pretty good description of what the different app permissions are, check out this thread post.

Thanks
    07-08-12 02:40 PM
    Without "organizer data" permission, an app cannot add system menu items, i.e. that appear in other apps' menus.

With email permission it might be able to send emails without your approval. I'm not sure.

There are other menu date/time apps that do not request email permission.
    raino likes this.
    07-08-12 04:09 PM
    Will the app(s) still be able to send emails when internet (which I assume is BIS) and WiFi permissions are on lockdown?
    07-08-12 04:19 PM
    I'm not sure, but think probably yes -- because the emails would actually be sent by the messaging app, which does have permission.

All this permissions concern is probably moot, because your phone is probably backed up and sync'd to your computer, which is probably compromised in a dozen ways.
    07-08-12 06:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD