ood day to all, i recently purchased a BB 9780. i am from Manila Philippines and my carrier is globe telecoms. i wanted to download several apps in the app world store and one of them is yahoo messenger.

i am subscribed to a data service plan and all my settings for APN and browsing are correctly installed. however when i tried downloading YM (which is a free app) an error message says that Yahoo messenger is not available for download in the BB app world. this also goes to all free apps i tried to download. reinstalled the app world many times but whenever i download just 1 app it still shows the same error. i am new on BB and this would be my 2nd unit so far.

I badly need help from a BB techie and subject matter expert:confused
    12-31-10 08:12 AM
    Is App World supported in the Philippines yet?

If it's not, then you won't be able to use it to download apps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Vince9780 likes this.
    12-31-10 08:16 AM
    Just checked, and it is supported there, so that's not your problem... http://www.blackberry.com/app_includ...bility_en.html

Vince9780 likes this.
    12-31-10 08:19 AM
    Yahoo! Messenger is actually preinstalled in the OS, and you don't need to download it seperately.

Have you tried plugging into Desktop Manager, clicking on Applications, and checking it from the list to install to your phone?

Vince9780 likes this.
    12-31-10 08:23 AM
    Try to download it from this address via your BlackBerry's browser then follow steps to download.
    http://blackberry.com/yahoomessenger

Turkcell, avea, BlackBerry, Fatih Kurnaz

Vince9780 likes this.
    12-31-10 09:23 AM
    @ fatih.kurnaz- tried your advice and it worked..thanks a lot man!

@ phill_UK- YM was solved, thanks to Fatih, now the only problem i just have is this little app called the be buzz LED and the other LED free apps i saw on the app world, tried to download this and still, the same error is showing. tried to re-install the app world and made a full reboot and still does not work.. any alternate suggestions as to where i can download just this one app? thanks to all of your responses!! appreciate it
    01-03-11 03:37 AM
    The message that 'application (name) is not available for download' usually relates to a problem with the payment option - either not selected or not valid. To check this go to App World on a pc, sign in and check the details.
    04-11-11 07:56 AM
    I have a similar issue. I dl'ed an app called brew world off of app world. I receive notifications that there is an update available. I go into my app world and sure enough it says it has an update but when I go to do it, it says something like its not available to dl from app world (yet I dl'ed it from there and I get notifications about the upgrade and see it there)
    04-11-11 10:32 AM
    This is covered in more specific detail in KB25521.
    04-11-11 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD