Having ditched an old Motorola and bought a 8900, I am not a power Bb user but I certainly love the screen resolution, texting and the 3rd party apps that I am gradualling exploring.

1. What does really Quicklaunch do? Is it really useful in my case?
    On the other hand, ShortcutMe seems really sleek and intuitive: ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcuts Application - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

2. Since I am using OS 5, is there any effective auto lock app? The free "auto lock" app from App World doesn't work at all for some reason so I am considering those app:
    -The Wheel Lock: The Wheel Lock - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    -Ultimate Lock: Ultimate Lock - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    -Keyboard Lock utility: BEIKS Keyboard lock utility for BlackBerry - Utilities BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

Thanks a lot for the help in advance.
    08-27-10 09:11 PM
    I've never had shortcut me, so I can't answer between that and quicklaunch.
    But as far as an autolock app, the only one I know of that works (by works I mean uses the built in lock/standby) for greater than os 5.0.0.5xx is AddOnIs. However, empower is planning on releasing an autolock soon enough. Ultimate lock is cool, but not so good for battery life.
    If you don't want to buy a lock program, try holding the a button for a few seconds. Hope that helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-10 10:04 PM
    You won't go wrong with ShortCutMe. Best app out there. Literally dozens if not hundreds of ways to use it

08-27-10 10:50 PM
    Based on what I've seen on this forum and one other that I frequent, Short Cut Me is seldom brought up, yet QuickLaunch is constantly mentioned. Just look at the past threads on the first page of this forum. Excluding this particular thread, there's about 4 that list QuickLaunch in the title, and 0 for ShortCutMe. I guess it's just a matter of personal preference, but most people seem to be using QuickLaunch. I do, and would never change to SCM. ymmv
    08-28-10 01:18 AM
    I've never had shortcut me, so I can't answer between that and quicklaunch.
    But as far as an autolock app, the only one I know of that works (by works I mean uses the built in lock/standby) for greater than os 5.0.0.5xx is AddOnIs. However, empower is planning on releasing an autolock soon enough. Ultimate lock is cool, but not so good for battery life.
    If you don't want to buy a lock program, try holding the a button for a few seconds. Hope that helps.

+1 for Addonis. I use it for standby rather than lock. Does a great job on conserving my battery.
    08-28-10 10:56 AM
    +1 for Addonis. I use it for standby rather than lock. Does a great job on conserving my battery.
    So being on Standby also avoids pocket dialing and conserves battery?
    09-01-10 02:01 PM
    I use ShortcutMe and I think it's great. Seems like a lot of posts recently on QL...but my quick read of them are how to solve problems with it.
    09-01-10 06:02 PM
    Recently I won a free copy of Shortcut Manager through crackberry. I also had purchased quicklaunch and I have to say the program really works great for me. Quicklaunch really does feel like it was built right into the OS and it makes navigation on the Torch so much more practical.
    09-01-10 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD