I think I have a fairly 'naked' Storm - I've removed unused stock apps including Visual VM, VZNav, and VCast and I've added a few as well, like Google Maps, Pandora and Orb. I also have a few 'web launchers', Stormlock and MeterBerry. No themes.

I get about 30.1 at startup. Without touching the phone, it'll drop to 18 or less in about 4 hours. (MeterBerry resets it at 3AM and I wake up around 7 )

With the exception of Google Sync for my calendar and contacts, apps that automatically sync have been disabled including bookmarked RSS and offline pages in the browser.

I've done all I can think of to preserve memory, and can't seem to get a handle on it. I know it's not possible to see application-level memory usage, so I'm looking for other ways to isolate what is eating my app memory. Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Vocoder
    05-05-09 02:09 PM
    1. Upgrade (if you're using.75) to a higher leaked build (perhaps .122 or .132).

2. Are you using a theme? Make sure the theme does not have a memory leak.

3. Make sure you exit all apps when you're done using them. Keeping an app open can drain memory.
    05-05-09 02:11 PM
    uninstall one at a time until you no longer see the problem.
    05-05-09 02:11 PM
    There have been reports of Orb eating memory, don't know how true it is since I don't use it. But possibly try removing it and see if the problem exists still. Also, an os upgrade would help if your running stock .75
    05-05-09 02:14 PM
    Its a lost cause as far as I know. Pretty sure you can take all your third party apps off the phone and still have a leak somewhere. Just the nature of the beast. Unless it starts to affect the performance of the phone, I wouldn't worry about it.
    05-05-09 02:16 PM
    My AooleBerry theme is KILLING my memory. I know for sure that it's the problem, but I love the theme so I'm resetting often (at least once per day). I' assiduous about closing apps, and I don't have much on my phone at all. I had zero problems with my memory before, even with .75. I would hold at 48+ for days and days. Now, I'm down to the teens in a few hours. Bah!
    05-05-09 02:19 PM
    There have been reports of Orb eating memory, don't know how true it is since I don't use it. But possibly try removing it and see if the problem exists still. Also, an os upgrade would help if your running stock .75
    Thanks for that. I'll nuke Orb first - It's a nice app to have but since filling up my media card with MP3's and installing Pandora, I guess I can get by without it.

I'm on .132 and other than this issue, the phone runs like it' on fire.
    05-05-09 02:29 PM
    Have I missed an orb App? I have been using Orb for years and only view it via the web access with no 3rd party app on my phones. How can that cause a memory leak?
    05-05-09 02:42 PM
    Have I missed an orb App? I have been using Orb for years and only view it via the web access with no 3rd party app on my phones. How can that cause a memory leak?
    Yeah - that's my mistake, it's just a web launcher, not an app. I don't see how it could be causing a problem either...
    05-05-09 02:45 PM
    whew I thought I missed something I actually use! No bubble no trouble buddy!
    05-05-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD