Hi guys I am having a problem with my Blackberry 9000. It seems to have very low application memory and I have to perform a battery pull everyday or it would tend to freeze everytime I get a notification.

After uninstalling all my applications (except bbm and facebook) I am left with as little as 10mb of application memory.

So my question is, how do I retrieve back the lost application memory? Or is it not possible?

Thank you everyone in advance
    09-07-11 10:56 AM
    Try reinstalling your OS from scratch. Here are some instructions for upgrading to a leaked OS which will still work for this.

-Download new OS file.
    -Download BB Swiss Army Knife (SAK) *do a google search for this program -- it is freeware*.
    -Turn off all connections on the BB.
    -Connect BB to computer with USB cable.
    -Backup up your BB with Desktop Manager.
    -Run BB SAK and choose "wipe devide".
    -Allow BB to reset; your BB should now be bricked (you'll see a square icon inside a circle with a line through it).
    -Disconnect BB from USB cable.
    -Run/install new OS file.
    -After install completes, delete vendor.xml file (in Vista this is usually located at C:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader).
    -Reconnect BB to computer with USB cable and from the AppLoader folder run the "Loader" file.
    -After the program installs the new OS, open Desktop Manager and restore BB from the backup file (you may have to do more than once, depending on the theme you were/are running).

I do this every time; it takes a bit more work, but I found that it installs a new OS with no problems compared to simply overwriting the old OS.

Afaik a simple upgrade won't wipe anything. Neither through DM nor through the apploader alone.

This method will not only completely erase ur databases, it will also low-level wipe the phone for the best and cleanest results.
    09-07-11 11:13 AM
    You'll just want to back up your device with desktop manager, wipe your device with BBSAK, then install the latest official OS from your wireless provider via desktop manager.
    09-07-11 11:15 AM
    Thanks for the speedy reply!

Will I lose my blackberry messenger contacts and e-mails or will this all be included in the back up procedure? (Apologies, I don't really understand how back up works on blackberry devices)
    09-07-11 11:18 AM
    You're welcome. Backing up via Desktop Manager saves everything on your phone except for your applications and their settings. Media files saved on your microsd card will not be backed up by desktop manager but those files will be unaffected by the OS installation so it doesn't really matter (You can temporarily remove your microsd card for peace of mind if you want to). If you want to back up data that is stored in the phone's built in media storage, select the Files saved on my built-in media storage check box. So yes you will still have your BBM contacts, emails, text messages, browser bookmarks, etc.
    clearest likes this.
    09-07-11 11:41 AM
    I've been reading around the hybrid os forums and noticed quite a lot of good os there, which one do you recommend?
    09-07-11 12:57 PM
    I've actually never used a hybrid OS myself (although I have thought about it and will probably give it a try very soon), but a lot of people seem to like this one http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...v7-0-a-638132/
    09-08-11 08:42 AM
    Ok so I installed that OS the other day and I'm loving it so far, and the included theme gives you transitions like those in OS 6 and 7 which is a very nice touch.
    09-20-11 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD