I loaded one song and 6 pictures using DM to the media card. The storm then slowed to a crawl. The voice dialing refused to work. It said there was not enough device memory. I checked the memory and it said that there was 0.1 mbs of app memory. Device and card memory were fine. I deleted the pics and song and that freed up 2 mbs, but it was still slow. I turned it off and removed the battery and now it is back up to 35 mb. I have no idea why loading media wiped out the app memory. The only extra app I have is Google maps. It was not running at the time, nor was any other app.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    12-04-08 05:58 PM
    yeah the first thing i put on mine was google maps. apparently its around 40 mb which takes up a HUGE percentage of total app memory for the storm (very annoying). delete google maps and you should be set, right now it can't even use the GPS from the storm anyway. go w/ BB maps for now.
    12-09-08 02:27 PM
    yeah the first thing i put on mine was google maps. apparently its around 40 mb which takes up a HUGE percentage of total app memory for the storm (very annoying). delete google maps and you should be set, right now it can't even use the GPS from the storm anyway. go w/ BB maps for now.
    Really? Google Maps seems to find my location just fine wherever I am...if that's not GPS then it must be some form of witchcraft...lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 03:54 PM
    I think he just means its not fully functional, it still gives you the within 5000 yards or whatever
    12-09-08 03:56 PM
    lol @ Witchcraft
    12-09-08 04:00 PM
    yeah i did mean its not fully funcitonal. right now it just relies on cell towers, no GPS. its weird tho. i reinstalled google maps today and its the normal 400kb or w/e. maybe there was a huge memory leak or something the first time around when i installed it.

google maps was the first thing i put on there and afterward i tried installing AIM and it said "insufficient memory" so go figure. anyway... yeah, so apparently im crazy... but not about google maps/storm GPS discrepancy, really, lol.
    Last edited by freezekill; 12-09-08 at 10:59 PM.
    12-09-08 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD