...I am wondering, if you are running an app, say WeatherBug for example. And you are getting a memory leak that is not there without WB, is the App causing the leak or the OS? If the leak only happens w/ the app installed then when we talk memory leaks should we not be talking to the dev for that particular app????

I have realized that there is a difference in available app mem from one OS to another. When I upgraded from .99 to .113 I always started with about 58MB and never got below 45MB. But now on .122 I start w/ 45MB and drop into the low 30s to high 20s. I have the exact same setup, nothing has changed between them. This indicates that the OS is the culprit.

However some claim that apps are causing the leak? It is possible that the issue is a combination of them both. But I would lke to know where the real issues is, if there is even an issue.

Anyone got any thoughts, or insight. I would really like to understand this a bit better. Thanks
    04-20-09 03:20 PM
    weatherbug has known mem leaks.
    04-20-09 03:21 PM
    weatherbug has known mem leaks.
    Yeah I found out, but I deal with it.
    04-20-09 03:58 PM
    Yeah I found out, but I deal with it.
    If you are running wb, google maps and slacker, you will have a significant memory leak due to those apps, irregardless of your OS
    04-20-09 04:35 PM
    what about just weatherbug and googlemaps (w/ GPS enabled)? i've been running 122 for maybe 10 days, and just yesterday it started memory leaking realllllly badly (down to the single digits in just a few hours of uptime), whereas it'd been pretty stable up until that point.

any other aps known to cause memory leaks?
    and, as an aside, whats a good replacement for weatherbug? (preferably something that changes the home screen icon to show current weather conditions)
    04-20-09 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD