I am running Officicial OS 5 .580 on the storm 2 (9520)

Initial memory was good, around 130 MB, but now it is only 110 MB
    Basically because if I delete any app it seems that it is removed from the menu's but not from the device.

for example:
    - 130 MB memory available
    - install an app decreasing memory to 120
    - remove app
    - still memory at 120 MB even after several battery pulls

any solutions?
    04-27-10 11:52 PM
    Even when an application is deleted it still stores some type of the data in the OS. I believe the only way to get that extra data off your phone is to do a security wipe but make sure you back up before doing so. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Also, 120MB is alot of free memory but you can possible free up extra by reading this thread; http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    04-27-10 11:56 PM
    Yep, to get that memory back for good, majority of times you have to do a clean wipe on the device, some apps are not like that, well majority are not but there are some that will suck that memory for good.......sucks but its the truth......
    04-28-10 06:12 AM
    Just wipe and reinstall the OS and then restore everything, you should then get that memory back....
    04-28-10 08:11 AM
    i followed a forum post by going to app world and pres
    ALT 3 4 (

i saved 10 MB... which is pretty good.. only apps loaded from website direkt are still in memory but whatever.. i am going to keep it till OS6 i guess...

thx for the answers.. but if anyone knows a better solution.. keep me posted
    04-28-10 02:02 PM
    What about deleting them through DM???

Having to do a clean wipe all of the time and re installing the OS is kind of overkill don't you think?
    04-28-10 03:31 PM
    they are not in DM anymore.... i wonder if OS 6 is going to take a lot of base memory :s
    04-28-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD