Okay I have a 9530 with Verizon this is my second attempt with a Storm. I currently have app memory value of 9.5mb and this is two minutes after a battery pull. Here is a list of currently installed apps, Two themes that I'm not using. I switched to default zen theme to see if this was the problem. Google Maps, My Verizon, Quick Pull, Stitcher radio, and GET Jar site portal. I also have Myspace and Facebook apps installed. I thought since i was using Quick Pull to simulate a battery pull that my be the problem. I have completed two battery pulls taking the battery completely out. Nothing seems to give me more than 10mb of memory. I noticed this happening about two days ago, before it was fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    12-31-09 12:33 AM
    are you closing your apps when you are done with them? Something is not adding up. How many apps are open when you open your app switcher?
    12-31-09 12:36 AM
    What OS are you using? Is it official or a hybrid? OS 5 helps out a lot and sometimes hybrids have memory leaks. Also, some themes and apps have memory leaks as well but if you got that without a theme activated then that shouldn't affect it.
    12-31-09 12:39 AM
    what are the database sizes?
    options>states>bb>databases sizes

also how many sms/mms/emails do you have on the phone currently?

What OS you running?
    12-31-09 12:41 AM
    I have four applications running in the background home, phone, browser, and messages. I am using OS .328.
    12-31-09 12:42 AM
    Do the sms/mms/emails effect your app memory? I assumed it would the phone memory.
    12-31-09 12:44 AM
    The themes may be taking up a good amount even though they're not active (somebody else clarify this?). And yes, BBM, email, SMS, MMS, etc. take up app memory. I cleared my inbox once after a week and got about 5-8MB back.
    12-31-09 05:10 AM
    The themes may be taking up a good amount even though they're not active (somebody else clarify this?). And yes, BBM, email, SMS, MMS, etc. take up app memory. I cleared my inbox once after a week and got about 5-8MB back.
    Yes, eventhough a theme is not active it will still use app memory. What two themes do you have? Some are none to eat up lots of app memory.
    12-31-09 07:33 AM
    I have the same problem. I've deleted apps/themes I don't use, and I still have crappy app memory. I've tried to delete WeatherBug, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.
    12-31-09 10:46 AM
    Read the above posts and try some of the suggestions, especially Matt's suggestion about looking at the Database sized. I suspect your SMS or MMS data bases may be large and you will need to clean out some of the old messages.
    12-31-09 12:05 PM
    Thanks everyone for there advice. I deleted all of my SMS and mms and thinned out my emails according to importance. This has seemed to help. I went from 9.5mb of app memory to 24.4mb of app memory. Let's just hope it lasts!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by billymathes; 12-31-09 at 12:12 PM.
    12-31-09 12:09 PM
    Well I followed some of the above suggestions, deleted old sms and mms messages, and cleaned up email a bit which seemed to help. I rebooted with almost 25mb app memory. Well its now been two days since and I have had a few new messages but not enough to bog down the phone. I am booting with 16 mb of app memory. WTF, I really want to stay with RIM especially the Storm. I left TMobile in October and came to Verizon because I was droppin calls like crazy with Tmobile. I had a curve 8320 with them and really loved the phone its self. When i joined Verizon they were offering great deals on the Storm 1 and of course i jumped on it without really researching the Storm. I had my new Storm a week and woke up one morning and the phone was stuck in the "I'm trying to load and leave me alone mode"! Took it to Verizon and the Storm 2 had just launched and they offered me a upgrade to it for the standard 179.99 or whatever it was. I declined because of my huge bill the following month, activation fees and the like, (it was over 500.00). I could kick my self in the ya know where I'm going with this! To make a long story short I think this phone should come with some sort of warning label or something. This is ridiculous. Like I said I do want to stay with the Storm It COULD be a great device but I have to admit that Android is looking pretty damn good right now! Honestly I afraid of the Storm 2, the what If?
    Last edited by billymathes; 01-01-10 at 06:48 PM. Reason: grammer!
    01-01-10 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD