I heard I have at least 128mb of ram space, which is my application memory am I right?

Even if it isn't. I'm wondering why my application memory only has 13mb after a battery pull. And after surfing for a bit or about half a day of idling with emails coming in via bis, it just does down all the way to zero!

Is there anything I can do about this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 11:20 PM
    what OS are you using right now?
    10-25-09 11:21 PM

10-25-09 11:23 PM
    128mb is your TOTAL app memory for your phone, including the OS that sits on it, how much free space depends on how much you have installed
    10-25-09 11:28 PM
    I am pretty sure that most of the people have way more than 13mb after a batt pull. And its not like I installed a ton of stuff! Is there a way to pull out all the apps I've installed in a list?

10-25-09 11:30 PM
    I am pretty sure that most of the people have way more than 13mb after a batt pull. And its not like I installed a ton of stuff! Is there a way to pull out all the apps I've installed in a list?

Go to Options, Advanced Options, Applications and it will tell you everything you have in there. Try getting rid of some of the stuff you don't need and that will give up some memory.

You can also download the BBfilescout program and erase some of the extra wallpapers, ringers etc. that came on the device that are locked. They take up a LOT of space.
    10-25-09 11:45 PM
    I did a hard pull again to get some accurate figures. I checked the memory and I had 13mb remainding left. Loaded crackberry.com and I have 7mb left. While making this post I did a check and I have 10mb. Lol super weird.

10-26-09 01:01 AM
    Just list how many and what apps did you install. Then trim it in half (delete half of them) and you'll have maybe 20-25 MB of free memory, like me. Just don't install all the apps you can get your hands on...
    Just as an example: I have 55 apps installed (including the original ones like games and Docs@Go) and I have 22 MB left after a pull. I get down to 8-10 MB in 15 hours. I'm on .247.
    10-26-09 06:20 AM
    My free space runs 60-66

10-26-09 06:26 AM
    How many apps do you have installed? Delete all the things you don't need, such as languages, useless apps...

I'm also running .282 with about 11 apps installed and I start with 58MBs after a battery pull and usually running around 48-51MBs

I suggest reloading the OS
    10-26-09 06:32 AM
    I just did a count at my Options > Advanced > Applications. I've only got 35 friggin lines there. I'm not sure if one of them is just one continuous core file or is it two but still its either 34 or 35 apps. I scrolled down 35 times. And yes once per scroll. I did count correctly many times to double check. 35 people, something is wrong.
    10-26-09 08:11 AM
    Ok, so it means you have 25 apps or so. Now you gotta see in the DM on "App Loader" teh size of each app. If it's more than 2 MB (that's the size of BBM V5) I'd advise you to delete it. I delete everything more than that, I have so many apps because they're really small, maybe around 200 Kb.
    Anyway, if you check them on the run like you did in "Applications" counting the lines rather than the apps you've installed don't expect to get a right answer (all we can do is to point you in the right direction, you have to find out cuz nobody will do it for ya).
    10-26-09 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD