The Goal:
    My BB 9900 is running the stock 7.0 OS from AT&T. Since my carrier hasn't released an official 7.1 OS, I've literally spent months figuring out how to install a leaked version on my MacBook Pro. Needless to say, I'm EXTREMELY close to making it happen right now, but I've run into a problem.

A Little Context:
    I downloaded Virtual Machine and the Windows 8 Consumer Preview. From there, I've downloaded Desktop Manager, BBSAK, and a couple leaked 7.1s. These open and install without issue. BBSAK and App Loader both recognize the leaked versions on the PC, but I'm running into a problem:

The Process:
    Open BBSAK < Click "Load OS" <Choose a leaked 7.1< App Loader Wizard begins < Correctly reads PIN info < Correctly "retrieves device information" < .... PROBLEM.

The Problem:
    The Application Loader Wizard asks me apps to install / remove, but it doesn't say anything about core applications or the selected 7.1 OS. (Check out the attached picture for a visual.)

What's happening here?!? I feel like I'm SO close.. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I've searched my hard drive for vendor.xml and deleted it.
    05-26-12 10:35 PM
    Not sure about your apple / windows 8 environment, but there should be two vendor files. You have to delete them both. Will DM talk to the phone?
    05-26-12 10:51 PM
    Not sure about your apple / windows 8 environment, but there should be two vendor files. You have to delete them both. Will DM talk to the phone?
    Yes, but DM doesn't see any upgrades. Does that mean a vendor file still exists somewhere?
    05-26-12 11:54 PM
    If you do a search here in the forums, there are several tutorials on installing/updating your phone OS. Yes, there are 2 vendor files.
    05-27-12 12:09 AM
    If you do a search here in the forums, there are several tutorials on installing/updating your phone OS.
    Seriously?

Did you miss the part about me trying "for months" to install 7.1 on a Mac to no avail? Who did you think was my resource? Best Buy? The AT&T help line? Of course I've looked at Crackberry!

I'm looking for specific fixes to the specific problem I've shown in a picture and written about.
    05-27-12 07:26 AM
    Update your DM to the last version, running bbsak and wipe yours os. Until yours blackberry restart and showing error something in the screen, open the app loader and trying to install os 7.1. It will read the os you've installed on your comptr.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    05-27-12 07:40 AM
    I've seen some say they can load a leak or not an official from your carrier with a mac using bootcamp or parallels and then others say it can't be done on a mac. You should look in the mac threads.

Edit
    There are 2 vendor files and I'm unsure how that works in a virtual environment. The problem could also be win8.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 05-27-12 at 08:09 AM.
    05-27-12 08:05 AM
    Seriously?

Did you miss the part about me trying "for months" to install 7.1 on a Mac to no avail? Who did you think was my resource? Best Buy? The AT&T help line? Of course I've looked at Crackberry!

I'm looking for specific fixes to the specific problem I've shown in a picture and written about.
    Seriously, I'm sure everyone who read your post noted the "for months" part. On a PC, if you're starting from knowing nothing whatsoever, it doesn't take months to figure out how to upgrade the OS. There are countless posts on CB, BBF and other boards that provide step by step instructions to install an OS. If it took you months as a result of using a Mac AND on top of that, trying to use windows 8, surely you must understand that environment is not supported. Windows 8 hasn't even been released yet.

Back to your problem. Once you have the DM and the OS installed on your PC, it should be easy to install the OS on your phone. Invariably when someone can't install an OS, it's related to the vendor files - BOTH vendor files. I've installed numerous OSes on my 9900 since I got in January and without exception, when I deleted BOTH vendor files, DM immediately recognized the update and installed it.
    05-27-12 11:22 AM
    Evidently the OP doesn't have a PC. Maybe a friend does?
    05-27-12 11:27 AM
    OP could use Virtualbox, just borrow a windows XP, Vista or 7 CD/DVD from a friend, setup is a breeze.

Edit: Or download, install and use Boot camp.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    05-27-12 06:07 PM
    Seriously, I'm sure everyone who read your post noted the "for months" part. On a PC, if you're starting from knowing nothing whatsoever, it doesn't take months to figure out how to upgrade the OS. There are countless posts on CB, BBF and other boards that provide step by step instructions to install an OS.
    Agreed, it shouldn't take months to upgrade an OS on a PC. But installing leaked OS updates on my Mac's virtual machine by way of a Windows consumer preview is not the same as the "countless posts on CB, BBF and other boards that provide step by step instructions." In fact, I haven't found one forum that acknowledges this particular setup. It's uncharted waters, my friend...
    If it took you months as a result of using a Mac AND on top of that, trying to use windows 8, surely you must understand that environment is not supported. Windows 8 hasn't even been released yet.
    Wrong. The consumer preview has been released, which is capable of installing and running everything I've attempted. But let me go ahead and assume you haven't installed it, worked with it, and learned its capabilities. So, in other words, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.
    05-28-12 12:15 AM
    Agreed, it shouldn't take months to upgrade an OS on a PC. But installing leaked OS updates on my Mac's virtual machine by way of a Windows consumer preview is not the same as the "countless posts on CB, BBF and other boards that provide step by step instructions." In fact, I haven't found one forum that acknowledges this particular setup. It's uncharted waters, my friend...

Wrong. The consumer preview has been released, which is capable of installing and running everything I've attempted. But let me go ahead and assume you haven't installed it, worked with it, and learned its capabilities. So, in other words, you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about.
    Just because there is a consumer's preview of windows 8 doesn't mean that you can use it to upgrade your blackberry. If you had any sense it wouldn't have taken you "months" to figure out that you can install a suitable version of windows on your mac using virtualbox. You obviously have no sense. Have fun taking months to do something that people with sense can figure out for themselves in a few evenings.
    05-28-12 01:32 AM
    Um.... This comes to mind.
    05-28-12 03:31 AM
    So you're saying if I install win8 on my pc that dm would work perfectly, I'm not so sure about that.
    05-28-12 04:20 AM
    Use a PC instead of mac...
    05-28-12 05:03 AM
    Thanks to all for the help.

And for those in a similar situation, the Virtual Machine / Windows 8 Consumer Preview combination will allow you to install everything you need to install 7.1
    06-02-12 06:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD