well, I've followed tutorials on how to fix a nuked Blackberry, and I've wiped it, but when I go into app loader and try installing an OS I get:

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Unspecified error encountered [A:0x00000002]
    This blackberry is fairly new and was given to me by my sister, it was always well treated... Although I can't figure out the problem
    08-10-09 02:41 AM
    That should mean that your not using the correct OS for your model to install. Try downloading and installing this one, don't forget to delete at a minimum the vendor.xml file, but using my guide at the top of this forum would be best for freeing up memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/newe...stasia-263283/
    08-10-09 06:17 AM
    Thank you for your reply . Although, today when I connected my BB it loads to "connecting to the device (ARM) and the LED flashes 4 times in a 1-3 pattern, this was happening the other day but yesterday it flashed twice and it connected properly. And sorry if I'm being a noob, I'm pretty new to blackberries >.<
    08-10-09 12:57 PM
    Normally, it would simply light up, and in that moment if you plug in the USB, it should read it. The flashing pattern I will have to investigate. I'm sure it means something, but what I do not know.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 08-12-09 at 05:30 AM. Reason: UPC! Where the heck was my mind?
    08-10-09 09:07 PM
    thank you for looking into it Wolf and this didn't happen when I had the other OS, with the other one it brought me past the connecting to the device (ARM) and I had the checkboxes right in front of me.. and that's when I got the previous error :S
    08-11-09 01:50 PM
    So did you get it now? :S? Where did that show up?
    08-12-09 05:31 AM
    no I didnt fix it D: and I still have that LED problem, I was just testing it out like 5 mins ago... although when I dont try plugging it in the LED flashes 2 times but as I plug it in I get the 4 flashes flashes.. and the connecting? or the checkboxes? the checkboxes only appeared when I was using the other OS.. the Rogers OS and as for the connecting (ARM), its still happening

PS: the :S was just a face :P my mistake
    Last edited by NXRyuKenXN; 08-13-09 at 02:16 AM.
    08-13-09 01:05 AM
    Maybe your Desktop Manager is the problem. Here's the link, use either 4.5 or 4.6.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    08-13-09 05:06 AM
    well I've tried both 4.5 and 4.6 and I deleted anything related in the registry that had to do with blackberry.. and with both I still have the flashing LED, does it make a difference if I'm using Windows Vista?... when I try using Loader.exe I still get the (ARM) connection problem, and with the desktop manager it gets stuck at Uploading RAM image..
    And for some reason.. I feel like I'm making a little error that I've overlooked :P
    08-13-09 03:36 PM
    This may be it right here:

Go into your Control Panel, select System, Hardware, Device Manager, USB Controllers, right click each Root Hub, select Properties, select Power Management and clear the checkbox like this:
    08-14-09 03:46 AM
    I just checked what you showed me and that doesn't seem to be the problem, all the USB root hub checkboxes were already cleared =\
    08-14-09 07:57 PM
    Time to try it old school then.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 08:02 PM
    well I did manage to find out the error... 10111
    which is the blinking led and I cant use that tut seeing as I can't plug in my phone to the computer with it being recognized by the programs, although it is recognized by the computer
    08-17-09 12:35 AM
    Are you positive the model you have is an 8100?
    08-17-09 05:11 AM
    100% positive
    08-17-09 01:10 PM
    I just don't get why you're having this problem. You had it connected once, so you know what your doing. I'll scare up another expert to look.

08-17-09 02:09 PM
    Try doing a wipe again with JL_Cmndr. It should reset your connection capability.

08-17-09 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD