Ok so I need some insight here. I know to use app loader to add an app I need the .alx I have an idea what the cod files are.

But what on earth is a Jad or Jar file? Anyone? Cuz I recently got a game and can't use it in app loader cuz I have all the cods and the Jad?

Insight anyone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-10 10:59 AM
    Use a "COD to ALX" converter to get the game in a format the blackberry apploader can see.

Jad & Jar files are the basic java-scripted application files if I remember correctly.
    They can be loaded OTA when they're both present on the server in the same directory but cannot be loaded locally. Though I heard once that someone put both the JAD and JAR on their media card and were able to open one of the files and install the app from there.

Dm
    01-14-10 11:08 AM
    So a jar or jad is an ota? But can be made into an alx?

01-14-10 11:10 AM
    I only have jad so I can't load ota right? Now there are multiple cod files. How do I know which one to make into an alx?

01-14-10 12:09 PM
    If you have the COD files do this.

Download BBSAK
    Run BBSAK on your PC.
    Connect your blackberry to the pc with the usb cable.
    Click on the "Modify CODs" tab
    Click on "install JAD" and load the game to your berry.
    Or click on "Install CODs" and load all of them to your berry at once.

=]
    Dm
    01-14-10 12:34 PM
    Thanks for that but I tried bbsak and it messed my phone loading the cod that way and didn't even put the game on.... Anything else? I really want this game

01-24-10 10:27 AM
    Your game is package for Over The Air (OTA) distribution. That is common with many programs, particularly the ones that have a price tag attached.

We can not help you install unauthorized software.
    01-24-10 10:41 AM
    How do I know its unauthorized? I got it in an email

01-24-10 10:50 AM
    Simple enough, what is it?
    01-24-10 11:13 AM
    The brick breaker revolution. So infering from what you're saying. All the games emailed to me by my buddy are unauthorized?

01-24-10 12:17 PM
    Brick Breaker Revolution - mobile9

There is no problem at all, if your buddy sends you a link to the source for the download.

Disclaimer: This download is for personal use (mobile phones) only. Kindly do not copy, modify, distribute or sell the whole or parts of this file without permission of the creator.

Clear enough?

Navigate to the link using your BlackBerry Browser and select the JAR file. It will do an OTA install to your BlackBerry.
    01-24-10 12:28 PM
    Thank you kindly. I'm oddly confused though seeing as he emails me the games in a zip format with the cods and normally alx files. This only contained cod and a jad. I do appreciate your help though. Its prolly time to look for a dumber phone cuz this one is soooooooooooo complex

01-24-10 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD