I downloaded .151 and installed it to my PC. The files are here:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.151_P4.0.0.186

I am a Verizon customer and I have tried this both with and without the vendor.xml file.

No matter what, when I run the App Loader, it doesn't show the .151 files. I have to browse and manually add the .alx files.

Help!
    07-26-09 09:25 AM
    did you unload any previous versions before ?
    07-26-09 11:11 AM
    disconnect from internet.

also post what thread you are using for install help.
    07-26-09 11:28 AM
    did you unload any previous versions before ?
    No? I have no idea how to do that. Do you mean uninstalling it from my PC in add/remove programs? Or removing it from the phone itself?

I was using this thread for my guide:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...eta-os-122851/
    07-26-09 12:20 PM
    07-26-09 12:25 PM
    The only thing that worked for me is downloading .148 from Verizon, installing that to my PC, removing vendor.xml, then running .151/Hybrid from lyricical and having it extract all contents into the directory created by the .148 install.

Then and only then does App Loader recognize the OS.

The raw .151 OS isn't recognized no matter what I tried.

If this is how it's supposed to be done it sure isn't clear from any of the instructions.
    Last edited by banderberg; 07-26-09 at 04:42 PM.
    07-26-09 04:37 PM
    The only thing that worked for me is downloading .148 from Verizon, installing that to my PC, removing vendor.xml, then running .151/Hybrid from lyricical and having it extract all contents into the directory created by the .148 install.

If this is how it's supposed to be done it sure isn't clear from any of the instructions.
    you can do that but its not needed. you should be able to install 151 and then just download and copy/paste the javafolder
    07-26-09 04:45 PM

are you using the Desktop Manager to load this?
    07-26-09 05:43 PM
    are you using the Desktop Manager to load this?
    No just running loader.exe directly
    07-26-09 05:55 PM
    No just running loader.exe directly
    are you sure that you have uninstalled the other OS's from you computer? If all else fails you could try and download the 5.0 OS from another source as you could of gotten a corrupted download.
    07-26-09 05:57 PM
    Do an advanced search of your PC and make sure to include hidden and non indexed files. There is likely another vendor file somewhere. I found one the other day on a different user and once deleted it loaded fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-09 05:59 PM
    are you sure that you have uninstalled the other OS's from you computer? If all else fails you could try and download the 5.0 OS from another source as you could of gotten a corrupted download.
    Yeah.. I've done it through program manager and verified no shared directories in the common/rim folder.

I'm a programmer by trade so I'm computer literate.. which is why I don't understand why this has been such a big pain.

What's this about copying a java folder? I haven't seen that in either of the how-to posts I've read on this topic.
    07-26-09 05:59 PM
    I'm thinking there is a vendor file not where it should be.

07-26-09 06:04 PM
    I'm thinking there is a vendor file not where it should be.

I removed the one in the AppLoader folder.. but I read something about a second one earlier and could not find one on my machine.. but then windows search sucks.
    07-26-09 06:07 PM
    I dont doubt your intelligence but Im just trying to cover the basics because there are ALLOT of noobs that say there doing one thing and there really doing another. Get my drift.

So I assume that the only RIM items you see when you look under the add/remove programs is Desktop Manager and Blackberry Device Software?
    07-26-09 06:07 PM
    also, have you tried redownloading the OS and and starting over from the beginning?
    07-26-09 06:09 PM
    Also male sure your disconnected from the internet, the RIM servers will sometimes push a vendor file to inhibit leaked OS loads.

07-26-09 06:12 PM
    Also male sure your disconnected from the internet, the RIM servers will sometimes push a vendor file to inhibit leaked OS loads.

thats the first time Ive heard that one.

the whole idea behind disconnecting from the internet is so that your Desktop Manager doesnt look for software to update online.
    07-26-09 06:22 PM
    If you are running Vista on your machine make sure you are right clicking the loader.exe and choosing "run as administrator' and not just executing it.
    Last edited by GrandMasterB; 07-26-09 at 08:22 PM.
    07-26-09 07:37 PM
    If you are running Vista on your machine make sure you are right clicking the apploader.exe and choosing "run as administrator' and not just executing it.

im on vista. There is no such thing as the apploader.exe, its named Loader and Ive never had to "run as administrator" and everything worked fine.
    07-26-09 08:19 PM
    im on vista. There is no such thing as the apploader.exe, its named Loader and Ive never had to "run as administrator" and everything worked fine.
    Yeah sorry about that its called loader and you know thats what i meant

I have been unable to load .151 or 5.0 without selecting run as admin. The loader simply will not see the OS unless I do so. I have spent many hours trying to figure it out and eventually had to have CrackBurglar remotely do it for me and that was the only step he performed that I did not with 151. Found the same thing trying to install 5.0 today , loader would not see it until I finally remembered to run as admin then it installed without a hitch. The joys of Vista...
    07-26-09 08:28 PM
    If you are running Vista on your machine make sure you are right clicking the loader.exe and choosing "run as administrator' and not just executing it.
    Yep I am running Vista.. will try that next time I load an OS.
    07-27-09 08:53 AM
    Yep I am running Vista.. will try that next time I load an OS.
    Thanks I would appreciate that. I am running vista 64 and like I said that is the only way I can get the loader to see the OS, would be nice to know if its like that for others that have issues or if I am losing my mind

07-27-09 11:48 AM
    vista 64 has different program files lists for 32 and 64bit. ensure when you unpack it's going into the right one where the OS is.
    07-27-09 03:07 PM
    three things to do and your OS will install no problem

1) delete vendor file
    2) disconnect from internet prior to running DM
    3) run DM "as administrator" (vista only)

1) vendor file will prevent other carrier's software from loading onto cross-carrier devices
    2) DM has a security measure in place to check against your device to ensure you're only loading approved/supported software. disconnect from internet or disable "check for updated software" to prevent this

3) vista sometimes not recognize the newer/higher OS without "as admin", but hasn't been an issue since like .113 for me. i believe a service update fixed this recently. still a good idea to do it just in case.

and report back
    07-27-09 03:26 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD