I've been having problem after problem with google sync. I thought I had it figured out until today when it did something it's never done before. I spent a great deal of time inputting appointments into my January calander. Some point after doing this my phone auto-synced via Google Sync. Now, ALL of my appointments are gone. That said, if I logon to my google calander on a PC everything shows up. Nothing I do gets it back on my phone.

Is there another application, even if I have to pay for it that sync's calanders? All I want is a means that I can put things on my calander, my wife's on hers and each phone to see each others. I'd pay for something like this if it worked.
    11-24-09 02:11 PM
    Google Sync works perfectly for me for over a year, not a single problem. Are you doing something wrong? What about contact sync, are you experiencing problem there?
    11-24-09 02:39 PM
    This sounds like a user error rather than a google error. Please go into your google sync, go to your options, then make sure your calendar that you want synced is selected.
    11-24-09 02:49 PM
    It certainly could be problems on my end, namely....me. I've got so many calendars on my phone. I don't know where they came from, how to get rid of them, or which one I'm inputting stuff on in the first place.

Under calendar options I have two calanders:
    1. Default
    2. [email protected] (my primary email account)

Under Google Sync Options it says "Add new handheld events to [email protected], then down below under "My Calendars" [email protected] is checked. Not sure what any of this information is telling me.

I don't have my wife's phone in front of me so I don't know what her options are. Again, all I want is to be able to share a calendar with my wife so I can see her schedule and she can see mine.

Any help would be appreciated.
    11-24-09 03:01 PM
    Has it ever worked correctly before.

Check your option to make sure you are syncing enough "duration" ahead.

What about contact sync? What version of Google sync are you using?

You got to give us more information if you want get meaningful repsones. Otherwise we are just speculating.
    11-24-09 03:05 PM
    Thanks for the reply. You were spot on with the duration thing. I widened it out a few weeks and everything appeared on my calendar.

What still doesn't really make sense to me though is why my wife can't see these. My wife just today inputted stuff into her January calendar. About an hour after inputting in all this stuff everything was gone. I logged on to our gmail calendar and all of her inputs where there.

I can see how the duration thing would limit how far into the future to sync but why would that remove items placed on a BB first hand? I'll have her increase her duration and maybe the stufff will show up again.

Also, I get duplicate entries for many (but not all) appointments. Some are in blue (my default) others in red ([email protected]). Any clue how can stop these duplicates?
    11-24-09 03:19 PM
    Also, I get duplicate entries for many (but not all) appointments. Some are in blue (my default) others in red ([email protected]). Any clue how can stop these duplicates?
    This is where I think the problem.

Please clarify your email setup. Are you using Gmail email and/or Google Apps email. This is where the duplication is.

If you go to your BB Calendar and click on option, you will see why you have duplicate (color coded) entries.
    Last edited by leskchan; 11-24-09 at 03:27 PM.
    11-24-09 03:22 PM
    I receive email only from 1 account on my phone ([email protected])

Under Calendar Options I have 2 calendars:
    1. Default (blue)
    2. [email protected] (red)

I have a gmail account but I do not have my phone configured to check this email. I only created this account because I thought I needed to in order to get Google Sync to work. As such, my online google calendar is the interface that I use to sync my calendar.
    11-24-09 03:28 PM
    1. Default (blue)
    2. [email protected] (red)
    Okay I think I know your problem. You will need to reset everything. Don't worry you won't loose your data on Google.

First, sign out of Google Sync. This will erase all the calendar data from your BB only (not from Goolge). Once completed, go to your BB calendar and check to make sure the calendar is empty. If not, then you will have to manually delete the entries.

Second, on your BB, go to Option, Advanced Options, Default Services. Make sure Calendar (CICAL) and Messaging (CMIME) is only linked to your email [email protected]. Reboot your BB. Now you should have only [email protected] for your calendar. There shouldn't anymore "default".

Third, go back to Google Sync and sign in under [email protected]. Set the Google Sync options to your liking.

P.S. You should be using the latest version of Google Sync 0.5.15 (1017)
    Last edited by leskchan; 11-24-09 at 03:39 PM.
    11-24-09 03:36 PM
    I'll try that right now. When complete you say to sign into google sync with my [email protected] ??? Is this correct or do I still need to use [email protected]??
    11-24-09 03:44 PM
    Yes, you don't need your gmail account at all. Google Sync support Google Apps account.

You never answer the question about contact sync. The new Google Sync version supports Google Apps and contact sync. That's why I keep asking which version you are running, but no answer.
    11-24-09 03:47 PM
    Sorry.

I'm running Google Sync 0.5.15

I don't sync contacts since I don't want my wifes contacts on my phone nor does she want mine on hers. I've always left the contacts box unchecked.

I've signed out and deleted all remaining appointments on my calendar. I'll follow the rest of your directions and let you know what happens.
    11-24-09 03:53 PM
    I'll wait for your calendar results.

I don't get your contact sync. You can have multiple calendars (your own or shared), but contact is only for your own email [email protected].

Forget about BB, how are you using email at home with your wife.
    11-24-09 03:55 PM
    Well after the reboot I still have "Device Default" (blue) and [email protected] under "Calendars".

The only email I get on my phone whatsoever is from my neb.rr.com account.

My wife has a seperate neb.rr.com account that she checks via PC but her phone isn't configured to get email. At one time I had her neb.rr.com account setup on her phone but she said she never used it and didn't want messages stacking up on the phone so I removed her email service books on her phone.

Does this answer your question?

Should I try to sign in even though I'm still showing 2 calendars?
    11-24-09 04:05 PM
    Second, on your BB, go to Option, Advanced Options, Default Services. Make sure Calendar (CICAL) and Messaging (CMIME) is only linked to your email [email protected]. Reboot your BB. Now you should have only [email protected] for your calendar. There shouldn't anymore "default".
    Please check this again. What does it saY? Do not sign in to Google Sync. Let fix this step first
    Last edited by leskchan; 11-24-09 at 04:09 PM.
    11-24-09 04:06 PM
    sorry, I found one appointment way in the past that was still listed on my device default calendar. Once I removed this item "device default" went away and only my [email protected] calendar exists.

I'll try signing into Google Sync now with my [email protected] and password.
    11-24-09 04:07 PM
    Please check this again. What does it saY? Do not sign in to Google Sync. Let fix this step first
    11-24-09 04:10 PM
    Here's what I've got under Default Services

Calendar (CICAL): [email protected] (no other options available)
    Messaging (CMIME): [email protected] (no other options availabe)
    11-24-09 04:14 PM
    Here's what I've got under Default Services

Calendar (CICAL): [email protected] (no other options available)
    Messaging (CMIME): [email protected] (no other options availabe)
    So this is good.

Check one more place.

Options, Advanced Options, Service Books, there shouldn't any artifact of default[CICAL] or default[CMIME]. There should [email protected]
    11-24-09 04:18 PM
    That is correct. CICAL and CMIME are only associated with [email protected] within my service books.
    11-24-09 04:19 PM
    Okay we are clean now.

One more question, I thought you have a Google App account udner [email protected]. How could that be, this is Roadrunner account? How do you check your email on your PC? Do you go to www.gmail.com ?

I am confused.
    Last edited by leskchan; 11-24-09 at 04:26 PM.
    11-24-09 04:21 PM
    Not sure what you mean about having an account "under" [email protected].

I have a neb.rr.com (road runner) account and so does my wife. We have no online calendars assoicated with either of these accounts. In other words I can't go to any roadrunner webpage and pull up any sort of calander. I do have a google email account with an associated calendar. This is the calendar that I was always syncing.

That said, when I type in my [email protected] and password into the google sync sign in I serisouly doubt it'll work. Even if it did, there's no calander anywhere for it to sync. All my stuff is erased and the only place my info still resides in on my gmail.com calendar.
    11-24-09 04:26 PM
    I think I understand your setup now.

Is this correct? You check your email at webmail.neb.rr.com but you go the www.gmail.com for your calendar and/or contact.
    11-24-09 04:29 PM
    That's it precisely.
    11-24-09 04:30 PM
    I am sorry this is not very efficient way to do thing. I would recommend using Gmail for your central communication tool (email, calendar, contact, reader, docs). You can keep your [email protected] email address. Gmail is a very powerful tools.

If you want to do this, then I will write the steps for the new way.

If not, then I will need write up steps for the old way.
    Last edited by leskchan; 11-24-09 at 04:38 PM.
    11-24-09 04:35 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD