I downloaded some app that was supposed to be a flashlight but it wasn't any brighter than a tiny led on my car stereo! I was fooling one day with my Storms Video Recorder and the light came on for that and about blinded all of us, so my question is, is there an APP that uses that powerful light for the storm out there anywhere? Preferably that works with build 5.0 but if not I may even downgrade for it because that would really be helpful.

Thankyou in advance If you have the OTA for it would be even better, points to you!
    10-17-09 05:38 PM
    Hate to say it but search. I'd tell u exactly what to do but I don't remember. I do tho emember a thread where someone outlind the steps to make a shortcut to the video camera set with the flash defaulted...hmmm maybe try seting ur video camera to the convience key and set flash as always on. Just thought of it m gonna try rite now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 05:52 PM
    I still have not seen an app that will turn the camera flash on for a flashlight
    10-17-09 05:57 PM

I have been searching but I can only find the prgrams like the one's I had. Is there any programmers out there that nmake these apps? I would pay for something like this because I know people say, "just carry a flashlight" which sounds good but I am not survivorman and I do not carry a flashlight with me but I do always have my phone and to have that bright screen will be very useful one day!
    10-17-09 06:10 PM
    I'm almost certain I've seen documentation for a few flashlight apps that mentioned RIM hasn't released code that will enable 3rd party access to the video recording light.
    10-17-09 07:43 PM
    I'm almost certain I've seen documentation for a few flashlight apps that mentioned RIM hasn't released code that will enable 3rd party access to the video recording light.
    Yes, this is my belief also.
    10-17-09 07:49 PM
    Check out Video Flashlight from IsPhone. it is available for download from BB App World.

10-17-09 08:32 PM
    I think there's an app in the Cb appstore called THEFlashlight that uses the vid light

10-17-09 08:45 PM
    I think there's an app in the Cb appstore called THEFlashlight that uses the vid light

all this does is start the video camera. its a $3 POS
    10-17-09 08:52 PM
    all this does is start the video camera. its a $3 POS
    Why not just have the video camera on the homescreen and just keep orientationlock on in the video camera?
    10-17-09 08:57 PM
    Well that's lame..

10-17-09 09:05 PM
    There is nothing wrong with using the video camera. Having the flash set to "on" as default might be annoying for some and running the actual video camera uses more battery than just triggering the light.
    10-17-09 09:09 PM
    What I do is set my video camera flash setting to always on. Just start video camera when I want a nice bright flashlight...

10-17-09 10:20 PM
    yeah... I have video camera as right side convenience key, and I use it when I want a flash light... works better than any app that will use the status light.
    10-17-09 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD